You’ve got plenty of reasons to celebrate your big 2-0!
Wow, Taylor Swift, we can’t believe you’re already 20! But maybe time just flies when you’re conquering the world. You made your nineteenth year your best one yet, with prestigious awards, major live TV moments — and who could forget your hot new arm candy, Taylor Lautner? Let’s celebrate your big day right by remembering all the amazing things you did this year:
- You were named the No. 1 Artist of the Year by Billboard, beating out major music players like Beyoncé, Pink and Britney Spears!
- You didn’t just play “Saturday Night Live” — you also pulled double duty and hosted! We loved your Twilight spoof and your hilarious opening monologue. Hopefully they’ll have you back soon for an encore!
- Your sophomore album, Fearless, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard charts, and enough people bought it online to make it the best-selling album in digital download history!
- It’s unfortunate that Kanye West had to interrupt your acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards this year, but look at the bright side: It was one of the most talked-about TV moments of the year, and you totally came out on top! America fell in love with you all over again.
- You can go ahead and be coy about it, but we know you’re dating Taylor Lautner — and we’re happy for you two! You’re both super cute and talented. And from what we saw on the set of Valentine’s Day, you’ve also got great chemistry!
- You cleaned up at the CMA Awards on Nov. 11! You came out on top in five major categories, including Entertainer of the Year! That makes you the youngest artist ever to be nominated (and win!) that award. And don’t listen to Wynonna Judd — you earned it all!
We hope you’re taking the time to soak it all in, Taylor! You’ve had a great year, and you deserve everything you’ve achieved. Here’s to a fabulous 20th year!