Charlie Hunnam & Dakota Johnson: Fans React To ‘Fifty Shades’ Castings

Mon, September 2, 2013 3:46pm EDT by 130 Comments
Fifty Shades Of Grey Casting Reactions
FameFlynet

hair loss remedies for indian women in u s

Posted at 9:58 PM on July 9, 2014

Have you ever considered publishing an ebook or guest
authoring on other blogs? I have a bblog based upon on the same
subjects you discuss and would love to have yoou share some stories/information. I know my audience would enjoy yoiur work.

If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an email.

ChicaCr7

Posted at 10:22 PM on March 20, 2014

Henry Cavill and Alexis Bledel would’ve been PERFECT!:/

kathryn napolitano

Posted at 12:55 PM on October 15, 2013

OMG!!!!!!! I cannot…. reapete…. I cannot believe Charlie is backing out!!!??? I mean really! He can act, He looks amazing all cleaned up, and this picture will make him HUGE!!! surely sons of anarchy can let him take some time off?!?!?!?!?!?!? I need to start a riot :/ EVERYONE I know is shocked!!!! So sad….. so very sad!!!!!

cherylcgj

Posted at 1:28 PM on October 15, 2013

No choice will please everyone. Although Charlie is hot and can act he didn’t fit the role. Now who wants to be second choice? Maybe they should just drop the project and try again when things cool down. Fire everyone. Too many errors made. They should have listened to the fans.

Amy

Posted at 2:58 PM on October 14, 2013

ROFL.

To all the idiots who actually thought that well known actors like Matt Bomer would want to be cast as Christian Garbage Grey and well known actresses would want to be cast as Anastasia Spineless Steele….

Get a reality check.

ThatOneFanGirl

Posted at 1:54 AM on October 13, 2013

OH MY GOD. No. She’s ugly… He looks like a thug. Just. Freaking. Stop. me and at least 20 of my close friends have refused to see the movie unless its recasted IMMEDIATELY.

I personally pictured someone a bit younger-looking ( and prettier) to play Anastasia ( Lilly Collins or Alexandra Daddario) And someone a bit more put together as Christian ( Like Matt Bomer or Alexander Skarsgard)

But nope. They got these people. I’ll stick to the books, so done.

Eva

Posted at 6:23 PM on October 9, 2013

Everyone who disagrees with this casting is crazy especially about charlie! I have read (and loved) the books and no he is not what I imagined also but hello, it’s all fiction anyway the one true Christian grey doesn’t even exist because he’s a fictional character! There’s a reason why the good actors get paid so much, it’s because they put in a vast amount of effort to undergo a transformation that includes physical work and research to tap into a characters psyche, all you people hating on charlie have clearly not watched sons of anarchy or any of his movies. He is firstly an amazing and highly underrated actor with real talent even brad Pitt could vouch for that and secondly there are very few men out there with the amount of sex appeal that Charlie just oozes so effortlessly especially onscreen, or that have a body like his. I think he is going to do an excellent job in bringing this character to life just like he always does, I can almost guarantee that he’s going to set this movie on fire and each and every one of you are going to swallow your words hard. but that’s if he doesn’t decide to pull out due to to all the media hype because that would be tragic and to everyone’s unfortunate LOSS. So if u don’t agree then why don’t you just save it and maybe make some other movie plans when this movie comes out? We could use the extra seats to store our excitement lol. and as for Dakota, I don’t really know her as an actress but if she managed to spark some chemistry with future mr grey then there must be something to her, I also think she suits the part appearance wise and I think it’s rude to attack her looks I’m pretty sure some of you don’t compare otherwise you would be there and able to say it to her face

cherylcgj

Posted at 7:27 PM on October 10, 2013

Eva, because people do not agree with you does not make them, “Crazy”. They have their opinion. Enjoy the movie. I am sure seating will not be an issue. Some people will choose not to support thecasting decision. That is something else people are entitled to; exercising their choice.

Eva

Posted at 6:51 AM on October 11, 2013

Sorry didn’t mean to offend anyone was just a reaction although I still maintain that people should have a little bit more of an open mind. Thanks I will.

ann granato

Posted at 10:57 AM on September 27, 2013

No way both cast choices are wrong for these parts not what I picture they would look like
but it dosent suprise most movies never live up to the books

Ex fan

Posted at 12:52 AM on September 21, 2013

Im disgusted by the choise of the actors( the only thing is left is to hope that ‘old lady’ will read all comments and refuse to cast in 50 shades. So dissappointed(( it seems that EL James had a different vision of Christian and Ana in comparison to millions of fans around the globe. Won’t spend my money on movie with those people as CG and AS. Gosh, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?

Gisselle

Posted at 5:33 PM on September 17, 2013

Dakota instead of looking like melanie griffith’s daughter, she looks like her sister!!!

cherylcgj

Posted at 8:45 PM on September 21, 2013

What are they thinking? Their choice in casting is a joke. I am sure
they are good actors but so is Oprah and she wouldn’t work
either. Should not be an issue finding good seats.

Gisselle

Posted at 5:25 PM on September 17, 2013

first of all both of them look way older, Dakota looks like a 30 year old, she is 1 year younger than me and she looks like 10 years older, she has no big big eyes or lips, totally different from the Anastasia portrayed on the book. Charlie is blonde for God sakes, even though he gets it dyed, won’t look good on him, and he looks older too. Come on!!

Lara

Posted at 6:46 AM on September 17, 2013

Ana has an angelical face and delicate features and Dakota looks so old, has a huge forehead, a strange nose and her teeth are gross…Emilia Clarke would be perfect for this role…What were they thinking.

jossi

Posted at 6:23 AM on September 17, 2013

Dakota teeth are horrible…this girl is so wrong in many ways

Patti

Posted at 2:18 PM on September 14, 2013

I think you people are crazy! You are going to eat your words. Their trailer for the audition was so natural…I see what they are saying about the chemistry between them. I think they will be great!

cherylcgj

Posted at 6:50 PM on September 14, 2013

Patti there will be good seats open at the theater.

ahman

Posted at 3:39 AM on September 11, 2013

So sad. Just based on descriptions in the book, the chosen don’t fit the bill. Not saying they aren’t great actors but the book goes out of it’s way to describe the two in detail and they disappoint in that department. I was excited to see these characters brought to life on the big screen so I could say, “okay, I get it. That’s what she/he was talking about”. I mean, if I was a sketch artist and was asked to sketch Christian and Ana using the details in the book, Charlie and Dakota would not be the outcome. Just sayin.

zorak

Posted at 4:58 PM on September 5, 2013

I’d also settle for Paul Reubens and Emma Watson

DE Wuth

Posted at 3:56 PM on September 5, 2013

Dakota Johnson barks. She is ugly. Charlie is not the gorgeous, drop-your-teeth god that EL James created. These selections have ruined the movie before the directing even began. Perhaps the director should have read the trilogy before picking out the players; EL James should stick to writing. BAD CHOICES. I am not wasting my money on this fiasco.

la

Posted at 11:18 PM on September 4, 2013

Charlie is awesome for role body and looks
As for Matt Bomer handsome but no body and he is a man’s man…hello..we need a womens man to play the part

cherylcgj

Posted at 9:04 AM on September 5, 2013

Matt Bomer is refined and polished with a lean and muscular body. Charlie has neither. Matt’s personal life is a non issue. Homophobia aside, it’s called acting and that is something Matt does well.