Lil Wayne Death Hoax: The Truth Revealed

Tue, December 17, 2013 7:42am EDT by 31 Comments
Lil Wayne Death Hoax
SplashNews

Lil Wayne is alive and well, despite a brand new video titled ‘R.I.P. Lil Wayne, Rapper Found Dead’ that went viral across social media on Dec. 16. Not only is the tribute video not appropriate given that the rapper is alive and recording new music, it may even be a bigger scam!

Lil Wayne fell victim to a death hoax once again! The 31-year-old rapper, who suffers from epileptic seizures, has been prematurely reported dead several times, but his Dec. 16 “death” scare originated from a viral video across social media that stunned and shocked some fans — while leaving others deeply skeptical.

Lil Wayne Death Hoax: Rapper Is Alive, Despite R.I.P. Viral Video

Thankfully, Lil Wayne is alive and creating some new awesome music for his fans, despite a newly surfaced video that claims the rapper was found dead after suffering a terrible seizure.

The “R.I.P. Lil Wayne” video also may be more viral than intended! The “tribute video” to the rapper actually requires users to share it to Facebook before they can view it, which is a known spam template and can cause computer viruses.

Lil Wayne’s Death Reports History

Unfortunately, Lil Wayne’s death has been reported several times in the past, and his history of epileptic seizures is to blame, so not all of his fans were tricked by another false report.

“The bad news is I’m an epileptic, I’m prone to seizures,” Lil Wayne revealed to Los Angeles hip-hop radio station Power 106 on March 28, 2013, after scaring fans with a hospital stint. “Like, this isn’t my first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh seizure. I’ve had a bunch of seizures, y’all just never hear about them. … Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious. But the reason being for the seizures is just plain stress, no rest, overworking myself.”

We’re so glad Lil Wayne is doing well!

What do YOU think, HollywoodLifers? Are you shocked that Lil Wayne was the victim of a death hoax again?

– Kristine Hope Kowalski

More Lil Wayne News:

1. Lil Wayne Dresses Up As Fred Flintstone For Son’s Birthday Party
  2. Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Carter Looks All Grown Up At Homecoming
  3. Lil Wayne Reveals He Has Epilepsy: ‘I Could Have Died’ From Seizures

Ugochi

Posted at 5:36 AM on May 22, 2014

I prayer for u lil wayne is that u wil live long nd see ur children’s children.after hearing a rumor that ur dead was frighten nd now am happy u r stil here.all glory to God,pls stay safe nd take of urself.ur big fan

hailey

Posted at 6:10 PM on March 4, 2014

You now what Gaddy if u are going to say something u need to say who u are talking to cause not all of use are rude

j Glenzer

Posted at 9:34 AM on February 14, 2014

I’m just glad he is ok….my son got me listening to him….now he is my fav rapper….my son heard he was dead on face book….he wouldn’t look it up to see if he really died….so I did…..I’m glad he’s ok…

Gabby

Posted at 8:48 PM on February 12, 2014

Lil Wayne is awesome! you guys don’t know what you are talking about. you need to stop leaving rude comments or people are gonna be mean to you and there gonna think dif. about you. Maybe you guys are the MF’S did you ever think about that.

hailey

Posted at 6:07 PM on March 4, 2014

I love lil Wayne and I was not being rude so u need to say who u are talking about cause not all of use are rude on here (gabby)

Jaliyha Shanklin

Posted at 8:24 AM on March 24, 2014

Be more pacific

mz.weezy f baby(ladeja)

Posted at 5:45 AM on January 20, 2014

Im happy that lil wanye is alright i been a fan since i was a lil girl and 13 now so pretty much im a huge fan and is really obsessed whiff him i knoe everything about him and my seventh period teacher ms.nia french went to school whiff him…. #team youngmoney# been cash money since day one

hailey

Posted at 11:54 PM on January 9, 2014

U now u guys and girls need to leave Lil Wayne alone he is going to be a dad and is that the only thing u have to do all day is dog him I mean come one so what his rap is soft

C-BLOCK

Posted at 4:03 PM on January 7, 2014

LIL WAYNE SUCKS!! This new rap is soft just like all the new rappers. You all sum soft MF’s

The Reaper

Posted at 7:48 AM on January 8, 2014

‘Dogg’, you’re commenting on a Katie Couric video… Who is really soft?

Gabby

Posted at 8:50 PM on February 12, 2014

The only one that sucks is you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jaliyha Shanklin

Posted at 8:26 AM on March 24, 2014

Who the only one

Roman

Posted at 4:02 PM on December 25, 2013

Damn wish it were true where is tht button

angela kimball

Posted at 5:09 PM on December 21, 2013

that Is how society is cant leave well enough alone

Peniel

Posted at 4:33 PM on December 19, 2013

For you been Alive is by the grace of almighty God, Sing to His Holy Name Lil Wayne

Vince miller

Posted at 3:06 PM on December 19, 2013

This is bull from his stress.psh he’s a freakin millionaire what kinda of ducking stress do les he suffer from!

Keshia jones

Posted at 6:20 AM on December 19, 2013

I think that y’all should stop playing with people emotions

Jamel

Posted at 5:15 PM on December 18, 2013

I would rather hear the about him and baby being gay lovers.

Wet crack

Posted at 2:33 PM on April 16, 2014

Don’t be thnkn tht those niggas is gay, they making a living and tryn to survive in ths world we live in. Gettn rich..

sparklecerise

Posted at 9:09 AM on December 18, 2013

Why would you make a record called r.i.p. man somebody is trying to blow up in the entertainment buissness. This might be a real be a real calling for help somebody is about to sacrafice this man in a minute watch what i tell you wake

marshage (@marsha_ge)

Posted at 11:01 PM on December 17, 2013

my buddy’s sister-in-law makes $88 an hour on the internet. She has been fired for nine months but last month her paycheck was $14499 just working on the internet for a few hours. Visit This Link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> =========== jobs60.ℂOM==========

marshage (@marsha_ge)

Posted at 11:01 PM on December 17, 2013

Tarsha

Posted at 8:07 PM on December 17, 2013

I really don’t care

Anxiortampt (@Anxiortampt2)

Posted at 4:40 PM on December 17, 2013

upto I looked at the paycheck that said $5366, I accept …that…my neighbour actualy bringing in money part time from there new laptop.. there sisters neighbour started doing this for under twenty months and as of now cleared the dept on there place and bourt a great new Chrysler. you can find out more,,,,,Rush64.ℂOM

Anxiortampt (@Anxiortampt2)

Posted at 4:39 PM on December 17, 2013

hi

Locutis2112

Posted at 4:38 PM on December 17, 2013

Too bad it wasnt actually true

michelle

Posted at 4:18 PM on December 17, 2013

I don’t understand y he would make a song bout his death it don’t make sense it’s jus wrong yes i do love his songs but if he was dead it would be all over da news hello so lil wayne please don’t make nomore of those songs my daughter love’s ur music n she got upset when she heard it she went bipolar on her room when she foundt out

Ramzax21 O

Posted at 1:32 PM on December 17, 2013

At david shut up and you are rude pig cracker head

Gabby

Posted at 8:51 PM on February 12, 2014

So are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David

Posted at 12:55 PM on December 17, 2013

If he died it would have been funny given yesterdays circumstance

boog3rsugar

Posted at 8:34 AM on December 17, 2013

Reblogged this on Jessie Spencer's Blogspot.