Summer Walker surprised her fans with a baby bump photo on Nov. 21, confirming she was pregnant with her 1st child! She’s since taken to IG to call out her BF London On Da Track.
Summer Walker, 24, is pregnant! The incredibly talented R&B star revealed her baby bump as she posed with her on-again, off-again boyfriend London On Da Track, 29. While she was coy about the announcement, she popped up on Instagram live over Thanksgiving to reveal her growing baby bump as she danced in her kitchen. Since confirming that she’s expecting, the Over It singer has taken to social media to put London — née London Tyler Holmes — on blast.
“I should really out this bum a– n—– @londonondatrack,” she wrote on her Instagram Story on Nov. 27. “I could really f— up life… lol but… I’m not. For now. lol for now ima just take my L,” she went on, reflecting on her own upbringing and family. “Black men gotta start doing better when it comes to being a father. My grandfather lame, my father lame, & dis n—- lame. lol and I guess the cycle will just continue. I guess n—– still dealing with the shackles of mental slavery or some s—, back when white men ripped you from your families and beat you to death if you tried to protect them. It goes deep. S—- really sad,” she also posted.
Here’s five key facts you should know about Summer:
1. She hit the scene in 2018. Summer’s 2018 EP Last Day Of Summer put her on the map with viral single “Girls Need Love,” which later included a remix with the one and only Drake. Summer followed up her debut with 2019’s Over It, which spawned the hit “Playing Games” with Bryson Tiller, as well as “Come Thru” with Usher (brilliantly sampling his song “You Make Me Wanna…”). Hailey Baldwin, 23, loved the album so much she posted about it on her Instagram story — and Summer later appeared on Justin Bieber‘s “Yummy” remix. Most recently, she dropped the Life On Earth EP.
2. She’s dating London On Da Track. Summer and London connected after he worked on her album Over It, beginning their romance in 2019. London produced her single “Playing Games” for her debut album, which samples the tune “Say My Name” by Destiny’s Child. The on-again, off-again romance has been rocky as the pair split a year ago, reuniting in the U.K. after she brought him on stage at a show. They appeared to break-up yet again in April 2020, which she posted about on her Instagram. “Officially single…Eventually you have to give some kind of a f— about yourself. It’s the bare minimum for me,” she declared. Months later, they packed on PDA in photos signaling things were back on with Summer announcing she was pregnant on Nov. 21.
3. She’s from Atlanta. The incredibly talented sinner was born Summer Marjani Walker on April 11, 1996 to an American mother and British father. She attended North Springs High School in the Fulton County area.
4. She was a stripper. While teaching herself guitar via YouTube tutorials, Summer worked as a dancer at an Atlanta strip club. “It helps you get out of your shell… it’s fun,” she said of her 2015 stint to The Face. “After all this, I’m just gonna get a pole installed in my house … when this is all over,” she added, referencing her Over It album release. Summer also talked about her previous jobs in a thank you post to her fans.“Beyond Blessed. My whole life changed in a year & a half, like literally year ago I was scrubbing toilets and stripping. I’m now damn near financially free with a paid off house & car with out a care in the world, and it’s all cause of y’all so thank you,” she posted on Instagram in Jan. 2020.
5. She won a Billboard Music Award. Summer earned the award for Top R&B Female Artist at the Billboard Music Awards in 2020, where her album Over It was also nominated. Summer has also earned nomination at American Music Awards and the BET Awards.