Cazzie David recently confessed she ‘shook uncontrollably’ after learning ex Pete Davidson moved on with Ariana Grande. Learn more about Larry David’s daughter here!
Cazzie David, 26, has spoken out about her past relationship with ex Pete Davidson, 26. The pair were an item up until just days before the Saturday Night Live star began dating Ariana Grande, 27, back in 2018 — which, at the time, left her heartbroken. “It was a really pivotal moment in my life. And writing about it has caused me a ton of anxiety, especially because I talk so much about hating the attention it brought me,” Cazzie said in her interview with The Los Angeles Times, opening up about why she wrote about the experience.
“Why would I bring more attention to myself by writing about it? But there’s nothing that’s gonna be worse than what I already experienced with that,” she added, confessing she “shook uncontrollably” after Pete moved on with Ariana and broke up with her for good via text. Learn more about Cazzie here.
1. She’s Larry David’s daughter. Cazzie was born on May 10, 1994 to Seinfeld creator and Curb Your Enthusiasm star Larry David, 73, and is environmental activist Laurie David, 62. The divorced pair also share daughter Romy David, who was born in 1996. Cazzie and Larry share a special bond, which is partially why she moved back home after graduating college. “I’m living at home as long as I can because I want to spend as much time as possible with my dad before he dies,” she wrote in a 2018 essay published by InStyle.
2. She’s a writer and producer. Cazzie has followed in her dad’s footsteps! The 26-year-old had her very own web series Eighty-Sixed, which she also stars in as character Remi who attempts to “win” a break-up on social media. Ex Pete Davidson also appeared on the series. “Originally we were going to find someone on the internet, but I was kind of nervous to have a stranger on set because our crew is so intimate (and I’m so insecure),” she said to Complex in 2017. “I mentioned that more or less to Pete on the phone and the next thing I knew he was flying from NY to LA for 24 hours for this tiny role in my silly web series because he’s the sweetest person alive.”
3. She graduated from Emerson College. Cazzie studied writing for film in TV at Boston’s Emerson College, graduating with a Bachelor of Arts in 2015. “[Peace] out u weirdos,” she wrote on a caption of her and two friends’ college IDs at the time. In college, she interned at Vanity Fair (and was later hired by the magazine’s former editor-in-chief for his new outpost Air Mail), and worked her first job as a Production Assistant on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm is her favorite show. Larry’s #1 fan just happens to be his own daughter! “It’s my favorite show, how embarrassing is that?” she confessed to W Magazine back in 2017. “I have to hide if I’m watching it when someone is coming over. It’s so weird if I’m watching it,” she added.
5. She’s an author. Cazzie David published a collection of essays in her book No One Asked For This. In the essays, she reflects on everything from her past relationships (including Pete), social media, and what it was like growing up in a celebrity family.