Brittany Bell has welcomed her second child with boyfriend of almost six years, Nick Cannon! Here’s five things you need to know about her.
Nick Cannon, 40, and Brittany Bell are officially parents-of-two! The couple welcomed their second child just in time for Christmas, after re-confirming their six-year relationship in early November. Brittany, 33, first revealed she was expecting in July, as she posed in a skin-tight outfit and dubbed her growing baby bump a “Cannon Ball.” Now, she’s one proud mama, giving fans their first glimpse of her baby girl in a snap taken on Christmas Day. Here’s 5 things to know about Brittany.
1. Brittany is a Guamanian-American actress, pageant titleholder, dancer, and TV presenter. Brittany Mesa Bell, born Nov. 9, 1987, was born in Barrigada, Guam. Her father is Native American, West Indian, and African American, while her mother is a member of the Chamorro people, the indigenous people of Guam/Micronesia. She, according to the Miss Universe website, is a “first-generation college graduate who began her pursuit of a degree in Broadcast Journalism at the age of 17 and attended the well-accredited Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communications.”
2. She and Nick Cannon also have a son together. Nick and Brittany reportedly started dating in 2015, months after his split for Mariah Carey at the tail-end of 2014. They were on-and-off for a while and were on a break when she gave birth to their son, Golden, in February 2017. “Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy cometh in the morning! No matter how hard the world may hit you, God always reminds us of our purpose! #TrueHappiness. Welcome to Earth Son! Golden “Sagon” Cannon 2/21/17 #Awakened,” Nick captioned the now-deleted IG announcement. Golden is Nick’s third child. He and Mariah, 50, welcomed twins Monroe and Moroccan in 2011.
3. She was crowned Miss Guam 2014. Brittany’s beauty pageant success began in the Grand Canyon state. She was crowned Miss Arizona USA in 2010, as well as Miss Congeniality. She would go on to represent Arizona at the 2010 Miss USA competition, but she didn’t advance past the opening round. In 2014, thanks to her Guam heritage, she competed for the Miss Guam Universe title – and she won! She would go on to represent the country in the Miss Universe 2014 competition. Miss Colombia, Paulina Vega ultimately won it.
4. She’s got NBA ties. Brittany was a dancer for the Phoenix Suns from 2006-2009. She’s also showcased her moves on her Instagram, where she breaks it down to songs by Rihanna, 28.
5. She’s got brains. The multi-talented star has got a Bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism from Arizona State University. In June 2020, she announced that she was accepted into Pepperdine University. She will attain her masters’ degree in psychology. She’s also a yoga instructor and a founder of the Mama Gang fashion line.
“I find myself to feel for every mother, no matter what her lifestyle, culture, or location in this world,” she says on the Mama Gang website. “Regardless of anything, mamas are all called to strength, sacrifice, and unconditional love like no one else in this world. It is a beautiful blessing, but also a responsibility we choose to honor. Although everyone in this entire world has a mother regardless of her involvement or the journey… it is the most underrepresented majority if we think about it.”