Tayshia Adams’ ex, who she claims cheated on her, has emerged and he’s telling his side of the story. In a new interview, Josh Bourelle explains why he decided to finally address his marriage to ‘The Bachelorette.’
Tayshia Adams‘ ex-husband has spoken, a lot. The reality star, who’s currently handing out roses every week as ABC’s The Bachelorette, has been adamant about keeping her ex’s identity a secret on the show. However, he has since been identified as Josh Bourelle — after his newly released, candid interview on the Reality Steve Podcast.
Bourelle (who, for the most part, lives a private life) decided to speak out after Tayshia revealed why their marriage ended on the latest episode of The Bachelorette on December 9. Their marriage was discussed when Tayshia confronted one of her final suitors, Zac Clark, after he admitted to cheating in the past during a lie detector test. “Essentially, that was like the main reason why my marriage ended,” Tayshia told Zac, noting, “I will not date a cheater.” — Learn more about Bourelle and his side of things, below:
1. Why did he speak out? — “While she was on The Bachelor, she did bring up the fact that the reason why our relationship failed, in her opinion, was that I had cheated,” Bourelle recalled on the Reality Steve Podcast, published on December 10. “When that first happened, I said, Well, ok, I guess it’s fine for her to say it one time, but now it just continues to happen. Really, the only perception of me from the audience is that I am the guy who cheated on Tayshia,” he continued, adding, “So, I mean, I feel like that’s a slight injustice to me because there was a lot more to it than that.”
Bourelle went on to note that he thought the pair “had a mutual respect that we wanted the best for each other after the divorce.” But, after “her going out and saying that I cheated on her and that was the reason for our divorce on national TV, I felt like kind of crossed the line on that a little bit because I feel like she was using that as her sob story to make her look better and it was hurtful to me because it wasn’t just me that heard about that,” he explained.
2. Did he cheat on Tayshia? — Yes. Bourelle claimed his infidelity was a “single occurrence” that happened while Tayshia was out of town on a trip. He explained that he had gone out with friends and met someone else. Bourelle explained that he confessed the situation to Tayshia a few hours after she got back home from her trip.
As for what happened next? — “Eventually, because I did what I did, she wanted to put forth an effort and she did put forth an effort,” he said, which led to the couple going to therapy. However, Bourelle recalled that his heart just wasn’t in it. A few months later, the pair ultimately called it quits after two years of marriage and more than seven years as a couple. Bourelle filed for divorce in October 2017, after just over one year of marriage, and cited irreconcilable differences in his divorce papers.
3. Bourelle claims his relationship with Tayshia wasn’t doing well before his infidelity. — According to him, he expressed to Tayshia that he was unhappy with their marriage, adding that he was the one who suggested going to therapy. “I was not happy with our relationship,” he told Reality Steve, explaining, “I wasn’t in a place where I was actually happy and what I look for in a relationship is a partner and I didn’t feel like I had a partner. I also look for somebody that I want to raise kids with and honestly, I came to the conclusion that I didn’t want to raise kids with her,” Bourelle continued, claiming that intimacy was “seriously lacking in our relationship.”
On another note, Tayshia once admitted that she didn’t want to get divorced. “Just to get the record straight, I didn’t want to get divorced,” she said on Nick Viall’s Viall Files podcast in April 2019. “I was in it for the long haul. I mean, I’m well aware that relationships have their hardships and you’re not always gonna love that person or like that person every single day. It’s a thing you need to continuously work on,” she said, adding, “I know you gotta try as hard as you can, and that’s what I did.”
4. Has he spoken to Tayshia about the drama? — Bourelle admitted that Tayshia texted him to apologize. He further explained that Tayshia allegedly expressed the importance of his privacy after fans wrongly believed Bourelle was going to make a surprise cameo on the current season of The Bachelorette, something the show is known to orchestrate.
5. Bourelle is a roofing contractor from California, and he’s in a relationship. — He is the co-owner of D&J Roofing inc, in Laguna Beach, CA, according to LinkedIn, as well as the D&J Roofing Instagram account. Bourelle seemingly appears in a number of posts, although his personal Instagram account is private. As mentioned, Bourelle is in a relationship, however, his girlfriend’s identity is unknown. Nonetheless, Bourelle did mention her in his interview when he noted that his parents, his parents’ church and his current girlfriend and her family had all heard about The Bachelorette drama.
“I had to do a lot of explaining after that was said,” he said, adding, “It’s not something I really even want to talk about.” Earlier in the interview, Bourelle admitted that the whole situation “has been a slight mar to my reputation because honestly I don’t think there needs to be a negative connotation about our relationship in the past.”