Zac Clark was on Tayshia Adams‘ radar for several weeks before the finale of The Bachelorette. During the Dec. 22 finale, she dumped Ben Smith before the final rose ceremony because she knew her heart was with Zac. After having some doubts about whether or not she wanted to actually get married again, Tayshia realized that a future with Zac was exactly what she wanted.
The lovebirds confessed their love for each other at the final rose ceremony, and vowed to be their for each other for the rest of their lives. Zac proposed with an emerald cut ring and Tayshia happily accepted. Here’s more to know about Zac after the romantic proposal:
1. He spent years struggling with addiction. Zac opened up about his battle with addiction during a 2014 interview with The Reading Eagle. He started with drinking, following by consuming prescription medications. He eventually went on an “eight month drug binge,” which included heroin and smoking crack. He was arrested for DUI and possession of crack, which led to his journey to get sober. Zac also opened up about all of this with Tayshia, which provided very deep and intense conversations between them.
2. He now works to help other recovering addicts. After years of partying, Zac got sober and turned his journey into a career. He co-founded the addiction recovery program, Release Recovery, which helps “integrate people back into the world after rehab,” according to his ABC bio. He founded the program in 2017 with his friend, Justin Gurland.
3. He was a college athlete. Zac was an athlete in college, and had intended to pursue a career in sports before his life path changed. He still remains active, though, and has run the New York City marathon six times, according to his Instagram page.
4. He’s a huge Philadelphia sports fan. Zac is from New Jersey and makes no secret of the fact that he loves Philadelphia sports teams. “He dreams of sharing a Philly cheesesteak with his future wife while watching the Eagles win the Super Bowl,” his ABC bio confirms.
5. He’s been married before. In the Reading Eagle article, it was revealed that Zac was married in his early 20s.