Chrishell Stause has a new do’! The ‘Selling Sunset’ star debuted curtain bangs at the People’s Choice Awards on November 15, where she turned heads in a sparkling, plunging dress. Learn how to get her exact look!
Chrishell Stause has bangs! The Selling Sunset star, 39, showed off the new hairstyle at the People’s Choice Awards on Sunday night, where she presented alongside co-star Mary Fitzgerald. The duo presented Leslie Jones with the Comedy Act award in front of a virtual audience at the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. Chrishell’s hair makeover was courtesy of her go-to hairstylist, Bradley Leake, who broke down her look on social media so you can try it at home!
To obtain Chrishell’s new curtain bangs hairstyle, Bradley used Hidden Crown clip-in hair extensions (shade 812; custom colored extensions using Redken shades) and Color Wow One Minute Transformation to give the pieces added lift and texture. Once her look was completed, Chrishell stunned in a Rita Vinieris dress and Giuseppe Zanotti shoes, styled by Lisa Marie Cameron.
“We wanted to go with something that was sultry and sexy but still ‘cool and modern,'” Bradley explained to E! News ahead of the awards show. “Quarantine has made everyone want to change up their hairstyle or cut bangs. Hidden crown clip-in pieces really allow me to customize her hairstyle with no commitment,” Bradley said, noting that he added “lots of piecey layers and a custom fringe to give her long hair the vibe of a modern shag.”
Fans of the former Dancing With the Stars contestant will recall Chrishell’s “before” look — a center part hairstyle with voluminous waves (as pictured above). Like Bradley said, the ongoing global pandemic has caused many stars to crave a new look! Below are his step-by-step directions so you can try to obtain Chrishell’s new do’ at home:
- Blowdry and smooth using a Boujee Beauty blowdryer and Color Wow “Dream Coat.”
- Set the crown with Basic B Beauty velcro rollers for volume.
- Add the Hidden Crown clip in hair extensions shade 812 and root using UNITE Hair “Gone in 7Seconds” root touch-up spray.
- Refine the hairline using a Boujee Beauty “big ass barrel curling iron” and set the curtain bang with Basic B no-crease clips.
- Remove the velcro rollers and sprinkle UNITE Hair’s “Expanda Dust” volumizing powder at the crown.
- Finish with Color Wow’s “One Minute Transformation” and cult favorite hairspray for a piecey frizz free finish.
Additionally, Chrishell’s glam was courtesy of her trusted makeup artist, who goes by “Kissed by Nicholas” on Instagram. Like Bradley, Nicholas shared a “beauty breakdown” of Chrishell’s look using the following Laura Mercier products: Illuminating Eye Cream; The Perfect Cream MultiTasking Moisturizer; Pure Canvas Primer Blurring; Flawless Lumière Foundation (in golden); Concealer (in 2n and 3n); Matte Bronzing Powder Soleil 2; Longwear Lip Liner (in “Plumberry”); and Translucent Powder.