Comparing the Top Tanning Oil
Australian Gold Tanning Oil — Best Overall
This dry oil spray contains immediate bronzers designed to provide dark color and smooth skin for an immediate and natural-looking glow. This is a lightweight, non-greasy, and quick-absorbing oil that comes in an easy-to-use spray bottle that allows you to mist onto exposed skin. Once applied, all you have to do is let the bronzing solution set in for a quick, brown tan.
- The amazing scent smells like you are on an instant vacation
- Contains aloe vera for hydration of the skin
- This oil does not include sunscreen
Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Oil — Runner Up
This coconut oil-based dry oil sunscreen is filled with soothing, exotic island botanicals and antioxidants to help nourish the skin. With a rare blend of natural oils, your skin will look soft, radiant and has an SPF 6 for some protection. However, be sure to apply it over a more protective sunscreen.
- This product has a lightweight feel
- Contains antioxidants to nourish the skin
- This product is not waterproof or water-resistant
Sun Bum Tanning Oil — Honorable Mention
Get golden brown in the sun while still protecting your skin with this dark tanning oil. Enriched with marula, argan, coconut, and avocado oils, this product will nourish the skin while keeping it moisturized and UVA/UVB broad-spectrum SPF will keep your skin protected.
- This oil is water-resistant and reef-friendly
- It is hypoallergenic and cruelty-free
- This should not be used as a replacement for sunscreen
Coppertone Tanning Oil — Easiest to Apply
With broad-spectrum SPF 15, you can enjoy the sun knowing you are protected. This bottle emits a continuous spray that goes on light and non-greasy at any angle to ensure maximum coverage without leaving any residue behind.
- This spray is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes
- Free of oxybenzone, octinoxate, dyes, and PABA
- Needs to be reapplied every two hours
Cocosolis Tanning Oil — Most Nourishing
This dark tanning lotion will help you achieve a deep smooth tan anytime, anywhere, and can be used prior to sunbathing outside or during indoor tanning sessions. This lotion combines a slew of organic cold-pressed oils, vitamins, minerals, and bioactive ingredients to help you tan quicker and prolong the glow.
- Contains nourishing coconut oil, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, and Vitamin E
- Has an amazing and unique cocoa-butter scent
- As this product is made with coconut oil, it may solidify but can be melted for use
Golden Star Beauty Self-Tanning Oil — Also Consider
Made with only natural and organic ingredients, this is a clear and dry-feeling self-tanning oil that will provide a luxe golden bronze tan. Organic oils, extracts, and hyaluronic acid all work together to create a rich, natural tan while keeping your skin hydrated. Good for all skin types, simply spray and rub in onto clean and dry skin evenly, allow to dry, and get dressed.
- One pair of latex gloves is included for easy application
- Will help you develop a tan without the sun
- This product contains no SPF