Detailing the Top Facial Sunscreens of 2021
CeraVe Sunscreen — Best Overall
- It keeps the skin hydrated all day long
- The sunscreen contains three essential ceramides that restore the skin’s natural glow
- It suits all types of skin
- This sunscreen is smell and oil-free
This facial sunscreen consists of micro-fine zinc oxide, which protects the skin from UV rays. This is not just a sunscreen, though; it is also a moisturizer, meaning you don’t have to apply moisturizer separately with this sunscreen.
This sunscreen is absorbed quickly and doesn’t take hours to dry up. But, this sunscreen's most admirable feature is that it contains hyaluronic acid, which is known for its skin-plumping effects. If you feel that your skin is getting fine lines or wrinkles, buying this sunscreen will diminish the presence of those unwanted features.
EltaMD Sunscreen — Best for Sensitive Skin
- People having sensitive skin can benefit from this sunscreen
- It calms and protects the skin at the same time
- It has a broad spectrum of SPF46
- The sunblock also reduces the appearance of dark spots and wrinkles
This is an oil-free facial sunscreen that helps protect the skin from UV rays. A vast majority of dermatologists recommend it to people who have sensitive or acne-prone skin, which means that this sunscreen is best suited for people with sensitive skin. It also helps in reducing the discoloration present on the face, a welcome bonus.
It's formulated with zinc oxide, which is recognized for forming a protective barrier between the skin and the sun, meaning UV rays can’t penetrate your skin. We recommend reapplying regularly to get the best results.
Neutrogena Sunscreen — Great for Oily Skin
- It helps the skin to remain clean and clear
- The sunscreen is fragrance and oil-free
- It is water-resistant for almost 80 minutes
- It prevents the skin from sunburn and breakouts
This sunscreen comes in a 3-fluid ounce bottle that can be applied on the face as well as the body. It has a broad spectrum of SPF 55, meaning it protects your skin well. It has lightweight and water-like consistency, which makes it easy to use and great for those with acne-prone skin.
What’s more, this sunblock is oil-free and non-comedogenic, which will ensure that your pores remain closed and your skin doesn’t break out. The sunscreen provides a matte finish to the skin and prevents the face from getting sweaty or oily.
Sun Bum Sunscreen — Most Lightweight Formula
- It moisturizes the skin to a great extent.
- The sunscreen is hypoallergenic and paraben-free
- The sunblock is perfect to be applied before heading towards a beach
- It suits all types of skin
The sunscreen consists of SPF 50 protection that helps prevent your skin from burning. The sunblock is non-comedogenic, so it won't open your pores, which means no outbreaks. It is also packed with vitamin E, which moisturizes the skin and helps in minimizing the appearance of scars and wrinkles.
Furthermore, it is water-resistant and perfect for all types of skin. But, you should apply it 15 minutes before getting exposed to the sun and 80 minutes before swimming if you want maximum protection.
Hawaiian Topic Sunscreen — Best for Darker Skin Tones
- It barely feels like you have applied anything, as it is extremely lightweight
- The sunscreen makes the skin hydrated and smooth
- It also minimizes the acne present on the face
- It is made with a blend of coconut, argan, grapeseed, and olive oils
This sunscreen gives an SPF 30 coverage against UVA and UVB rays. It makes your skin look flawless, while also providing maximum protection. It has a silk hydration system, making the skin look silky and soft all day long.
The lightweight texture makes the skin feel breathable and won’t weigh your face down like other sunscreens. You should apply this product every time you leave your house for the best results and protection possible. It has an attractive coconut fragrance that appeals to people, but if you don’t like that smell, we suggest looking at another option on our list.