“Megan [Fox] finally living her life for herself is in itself a gift to her children,” Vanessa Marcil said during a Sept. 12 Q&A. In this chit-chat with fans, Vanessa, 51, said she “respects” Megan, 34, and clearly sides with her over their mutual ex, Brian Austin Green. Vanessa – who shares an 18-year-old son named Kass with Bryan, 47 – didn’t mince words when it came to talking about her former fiancée. “I speak, actually, very kindly about Kass’ father,” she posted to her IG story. “I just speak the truth now at my son’s request in order to help my son heal and not shoulder these secrets anymore. If his father’s actions reflect poorly on him, that is his doing. Not mine. I speak with empathy regarding Kassius’ dad, considering the complete devastation that my son went through. My son and my family will tell you the same.”
These comments came a day after Vanessa shared a throwback picture on Sept. 11. In the photo, a then-pregnant Vanessa poses alongside Brian, which prompted a fan to suggest she “still love(s)” her ex. “I was never in love with him, but I am very proud of the fact that my son loves his dad unconditionally and has chosen to forgive,” responded Vanessa. “I celebrate Kassius’ love for his father and remain extremely grateful that Kass was finally invited back into his father’s life and was able to meet his youngest brother for the first time & finally start seeing his other two siblings again.”
It’s unlikely that these two former loves will be on friendly terms anytime soon. As things continue to get shady, here’s what you need to know.
1. Vanessa is an actress, best known for her roles on Beverly Hills, 90210, General Hospital, and Las Vegas. Born in Indio, California, Vanessa landed her first significant role as Brenda Barrett on General Hospital in 1992. It earned her three Daytime Emmy Award Nominations, and she won for Outstanding Supporting actress in 1998. After six years on the soap, she joined the cast of Beverly Hills, 90210, playing Gina Kincaid. She was only on the series for one-and-a-half seasons. After a brief return to General Hospital, she joined NBC’s Las Vegas, playing Sam Marquez, until its show’s cancelation. Since then, she’s appeared in a handful of Lifetime and Hallmark television movies, the most recent being My Stepfather’s Secret.
2. She and Brian were once engaged. Brian and Vanessa began dating after meeting on the set of 90210 (where he portrayed David Silver.) They maintained their relationship after she left the series and were engaged in the summer of 2001. They welcomed son Kass in March 2002, but they split the next year.
3. Vanessa and Brian had a long, bitter custody battle. “12 years ago I was served legal papers,” Vanessa wrote in a 2018 Instagram Post, “and then spent 8 years+ defending myself and my son in custody court in response to his father & his stepmother trying to get full custody(that means I would have seen my son four days a month) and then asking me to pay them child support.” She also claimed that Brian and Megan “decided to completely Kas out of their lives.”
4. Brian reportedly sued her for $200,000. In Vanessa’s 2018 IG post, she claimed that Brian and Megan “lost that [custody] case & a civil case asking me for 200,000. … In the end, they lost all of these court cases. The judge called them all “Frivolous” They always had and still have 50% custody and so still did when court ended as I had and have NEVER asked for full custody.” Brian, according to E! News, filed a lawsuit against Vanessa in 2012 over $200k he allegedly “lent” her. She claimed the money was a gift. Ultimately, the presiding judge threw out the case, ruling that the statute of limitations had run out.
5. Vanessa has been married since breaking up with Brian. In 2010, Vanessa wed actor Carmine Giovinazzo in a private ceremony. She filed for divorce in 2012, citing irreconcilable differences, per TMZ. In 2015, she became engaged with a man who is only known as “MC.” Little is known about her beau, except that he’s supposedly a deputy sheriff.