Comparing the Top Setting Sprays of 2022 in Detail
Milani Make It Last Setting Spray — Best Overall
- The spray hydrates as well as illuminates the skin
- The makeup can be locked at its place for 16 hours after spraying it
- The spray is cruelty and vegan-free
- Your makeup won’t smudge or crease after applying this setting spray
This spray can be used as a primer as well as a setting spray. You can apply it to your face before or after the makeup. If you apply it before, then it will act as a primer, and if you apply it after the makeup, it will act as a setting spray.
It can reduce the redness of your face or any other imperfection that your skin might have. This setting spray not only sets your makeup but also provides you with a shiny and dewy look that every girl loves. You should hold the bottle 10 inches away while spraying for best results.
NYX Professional Makeup Setting Spray — Best for Matte Makeup
- The setting spray is quite affordable
- This spray has no smell
- It gives a matte finish to your skin
- It controls shine and oil on the face
This setting spray provides a matte finish to the skin. The lightweight formula helps the makeup stay on your face for hours. Plus, if you are not a fan of the dewy and glowy makeup, you should opt for this setting spray, as it makes a face look matte and not shiny.
It gives you a smooth, long-lasting, and clear finish to your makeup. We love that this spray is both cruelty-free and vegan-free.
Rimmel Stay Matte Primer — Most Affordable
- This is affordable and a great alternative to expensive brands
- Even after a long day, your makeup appears fresh
- It acts as an ideal base for even makeup
- It helps the makeup stay on point and also stops the skin from becoming oily
This is a two-in-one product that acts as both a primer and a setting spray. It locks your makeup in and allows it to stay in one place, but it can be worn over or under makeup, which changes up its function.
It reduces the appearance of pores while also controlling oil for nearly eight hours. Your skin will not shine with this spray, which means people who have oily and sensitive skin will find it really beneficial to spray this after applying their makeup.
Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Spray — Best for Priming Eyelids
- Its formula keeps your look on lock
- The oil is subsided as the spray provides a matte finish
- This is also great for eyeliner and not just for eyeshadows
- The spray dries out quickly and doesn’t leave any color on the face
This spray has a lightweight formula that is easy to use and makes the makeup lock in its place for hours. It is also paraben- and sulfate-free, so it’s great to use without any worries
Many older-aged women also love this product, as it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and blemishes. Plus, if you don't like the item for any reason, you can get a refund.
COVERGIRL Active Setting Spray — Most Breathable
- The spray blends in perfectly and gives a satin finish
- Because it is lightweight and not heavy, it is quite comfortable to wear
- The setting spray seals the makeup for 12 long hours
- Squeeze tube makes it great for traveling
The Covergirl setting spray seals the makeup in its place. It's smudge- and transfer-resistant, so you don't have to be concerned about your makeup looking bad. The spray is also humidity-proof, which means that people living in humid climates can easily buy this product.
The spray has a lightweight and breathable feel, making it suitable for all types of skin; it has even been dermatologically tested!