Detailing Our Favorite Pro Flat Buffers in 2022
Lamora Brush — Best Overall
This brush is made with high-quality, synthetic bristles that make applying foundation or any other cream and liquid products fast and easy. The bristles are also very soft and dense which gives your makeup a flawless, airbrushed quality and because the bristles are synthetic you do not have to worry about it soaking up, trapping, or absorbing excessive amounts of your products. This brush is also great to use to apply your powder, blend in your cream blushes, and even stipple in your bronzer for a more natural effect.
- This brush has a long-lasting wooden and copper handle
- You may notice some slight bristle shedding on initial washes
Beauty Junkees Brush — Runner Up
Another great flat-top kabuki brush is this one. Its dense, synthetic bristles will not only make your routine quicker but help to provide incredible coverage that will last all day. While this multitasking brush is most commonly known for its liquid foundation application abilities, it also works great to blend loose and pressed powders and many of your other favorite liquid makeup products. Ideal for medium to heavy foundation coverage, this brush can also be used to blend or stipple out your concealer on any larger problem areas.
- This kabuki brush maximizes the number of bristles to ensure the makeup is applied to your brush and not absorbed
- The bristles on this brush are extra dense
Keshima Brush — Honorable Mention
This is a super-dense synthetic brush that allows the product to sit on top of the bristles without being absorbed into them, allowing for a perfect look and less wasted product each time you apply your makeup. The flatness of the brush allows for ideal buffing and blending, without looking cakey or heavy and saves you precious time in the morning. And, if you feel you have applied too much product, simply use your favorite beauty sponge to absorb any excess to your desired look.
- Keshima brushes undergo a seven-step process to prevent shedding
- This brush is on the smaller side
wet 'n wild Brush — Contender
One of the standouts from this collection is the flat top brush. This is a multipurpose brush that has been designed with a flat top head and densely packed bristles to pick up any formula from cream, liquid, or powder. These brushes feature soft, synthetic bristles and the ergonomically-designed handle is made to fit perfectly in your hand to help you create a smooth and flawless look.
- This brush features specially formulated, two-toned synthetic fibers that mimic the consistency of natural hairs that will pick up any formula effortlessly
- If this brush doesn’t work out as a foundation brush, throw it in your purse for an on-the-go touch-up brush
New8Beauty Brush — Also Consider
This option is a premium quality synthetic bristle brush that is perfect for medium to heavy coverage. It has soft yet dense bristles that are not only ideal for liquid foundation application but can be used for powder and cream foundations, powder and cream blushes, gel blush, and even for precise bronzer/contour application. Lastly, a solid wood handle and aluminum ferrule make this brush long-lasting and easy to care for.
- The longer handle on the brush is great for stippling, contouring, and buffing
- When washing your brushes, it is important to try to not get the handle wet
Matto Brush — Another Option
This kabuki is a multifunctional brush that can be used for both wet and dry foundations and powders. This brush can help you build coverage, set your look, and conceal even the most problematic skin types. The bristles are also soft, safe for sensitive skin, have anti-bacterial qualities, and absorb little to no product. To make application easier, the ergonomic handle has an anti-slip, dull polished wood handle for greater control.
- This brush has soft, hand-cut hairs
- This brush might not be ideal for mineral foundation