Compare the Top Moisturizers of 2022
Caldera The Base Layer Cream — Best Overall
- Immortelle flower for reducing early-aging and filling fine lines and wrinkles
- Encapsulated microalgae to improve your skin’s immunity power
- Plant-based squalane to increase the moisture content of your skin
- Tara Tree complex to help protect your skin from IR radiations
If you are looking for an organic and vegan skincare product, this will be the right cream for you. It contains a blend of plant-based nutrients that nourish skin cells and help to brighten with a natural glow and radiance. The cream will also help moisturize your skin from within so that you don’t have to suffer from dry, scaly, or peeling skin.
If you want to protect your skin from environmental stressors, such as pollution or poor air quality, we'd recommend Caldera. It contains plant stem cells that have antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, your skin will stay safe from the sun’s radiation and the natural aging process. What’s more? You won’t find allergens or harmful chemicals in this cream. There are no parabens, animal-based ingredients, toxins, GMOs, or silicone, making it safe for your skin.
Hydration Oasis Moisturizer — Another Top Pick
- Cooling gel formula
- Contains hyaluronic acid
- No parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or synthetic fragrances
This moisturizer from H20+ has a few key ingredients that make it stand out. Hyaluronic acid is known for its anti-aging and moisturizing benefits, so it makes sense to add it to your moisturizer! The formula also uses stem cells from apples to aid in cell renewal. It's cruelty-free and contains no parabens, sulfates, phthalates, synthetic fragrances.
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream — Honorable Mention
This CeraVe moisturizing cream contains hyaluronic acid and ceramides - substances found naturally in the body that retain water. It also uses MVE technology. This provides a slow release of critical ingredients over time, meaning your skin will stay hydrated for longer. In addition, the ceramides found naturally in the skin are shown to increase after four weeks of using the Cerave moisturizing cream. This means you are not just covering your skin but improving it gradually, even when you think you aren’t wearing the product.
CeraVe Skincare was developed with dermatologists to create products for every skin type. This product can be used on the hands, body and face, and it's also safe to use if you suffer from eczema.
- Long-lasting hydration
- Safe on all skin types
- Dermatologically tested
- Ceramides increase the skin’s natural ability to retain moisture
Although this product is dermatologically tested, check with a doctor if you experience symptoms of skin changes
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream — Honorable Mention
- Enriched with sweet almond oil and vitamin E
- Clinically tested
- Suitable for dry skin
Cetaphil is a moisturizing cream intended for use on the body. It is specifically for people with dehydrated skin. This cream will restore and heal dry and damaged skin within one week of use. Its non-greasy formula is great for those who suffer from large-looking pores. Also, it is fragrance and paraben-free, so suitable for those with sensitive skin. Cetaphil is also a favorite product among dermatologists.
- Recommended by dermatologists
- Non-greasy formula
- The formula seems to have changed and isn’t as moisturizing as the older one
Honeyskin Manuka Honey Moisturizing Cream — Honorable Mention
- Contains manuka honey, shea butter, coconut oil, aloe vera, olive oil and cocoa butter
- Made from organic ingredients only
- Fragrance free
- Cruelty free
The Honeyskin Manuka moisturizing cream is suitable for use on the face and the body. It is made using natural ingredients, including aloe vera, manuka honey, coconut oil, and more. These ingredients nourish your skin, giving you long-lasting hydration throughout the day. This product also helps reduce under-eye puffiness and helps hide dark circles and blemishes. This moisturizer has a pH 5.5, which matches your skin’s natural pH and will help your skin produce the right amount of oil. Harness the power of manuka honey with this Honeyskin moisturizing cream. Manuka honey is a natural emollient and locks in the moisture in your skin. It also promotes cell regeneration.
- Organic ingredients that are better for the environment
- pH balanced to match the pH of your skin
- Not moisturizing enough for people with dry skin
Vanicream Moisturizing Cream — Also Try
- Free of dyes, fragrance, masking fragrance, lanolin, parabens and formaldehyde
- Dermatologically tested
The Vanicream moisturizing cream is dermatologically tested and is great for sensitive skin. It contains no dyes, fragrances, lanolin, parabens, or formaldehyde. Some of these ingredients are believed to be carcinogens (cancer-causing agents).
This moisturizing cream won’t block your pores which could result in blackheads or a zit outbreak. In addition, Vanicream was awarded a seal of acceptance from the national eczema association. If you have eczema, this is a guarantee the product will not cause an eczema outbreak and is a great product for you to use.
- Awarded the seal of acceptance from the national eczema association
- Free of carcinogens
- The scent is mild but slightly offputting
Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Cream — Also Consider
- Formulated with oat flour, oat oil extract and ceramides
The Aveeno skin relief moisturizing cream provides intense moisture to relieve extra dry skin. It is fragrance-free, so you don’t need to worry about having an allergic reaction to it. This moisturizing cream will restore your skin's natural moisture barrier with regular use. It contains ceramides to restore the skin’s ability to maintain moisture. It is clinically proven to moisturize the skin for up to 24 hours. Apply this dry skin moisturizer cream generously over your body to relieve and restore extra-dry skin.
- Perfect for extra dry skin
- Clinically proven 24-hour moisturization
- A light formula that may not be strong enough for use during the dry and cold winter months
Eucerin Advanced Repair Moisturizing Cream — Also Consider
- Made from ceramide-3 and natural moisturizing factors
- Dermatologically tested
- Fragrance free
- Paraben free
The Eucerin advanced repair moisturizing cream contains ceramide-3, a substance that keeps moisture on the top layer of skin and creates a barrier against irritants. It also repairs dry and broken skin. In addition, this moisturizing cream also contains a mixture of ingredients that are known as NMF. These ingredients are the same chemicals that the skin naturally creates to protect and repair its outermost layer of skin. This cream is non-greasy and absorbs quickly into the skin. It is intended for use on the body only.
- Works with the skin to build up natural oils
- Can’t use this product on your face