NBA player Malik Beasley is married to stunning model Montana Yao. Here’s five things to know about the gorgeous former Miss Malibu Teen USA.
The stunning Montana Yao, 23, describes herself as a “mother, wife, model and rapper” in her online bio, and has been romantically involved with her 24-year-old husband Malik Beasley since 2018. Minnesota Timberwolves player Beasley was recently photographed waking through a mall in Miami, holding hands with Scottie Pippen‘s estranged wife, Larsa Pippen, 46.
Meanwhile, Newport Beach, CA native Montana appears to be at the couple’s home in Plymouth, MN and may have been cryptically referring to the photos in a Dec. 1 Instagram story. “Wow, I don’t even know this man…this is wild y’all…I’m seeing it for the first time just like y’all,” she wrote. Montana also told fans in another story, “appreciate all the love y’all, for real” along with prayer hands and a red heart emoji. We’ve got five things to know about Montana.
1. Montana and Malik share a son, but she has no photos of Malik on her Instagram. The couple have a toddler named Makai. He’s seen in a number of Montana’s Instagram posts, including a video from Oct. 18, 2020 where he sweetly was learning how to say “hi” in his loving mother’s arms. While Montana shares plenty of content with Makai to her IG, there are no photos of Malik. In her online bio, Makai Joseph Beasley is listed as being born on March 26, 2019. It also claims Montana met the “love of her life” Malik in 2018.
2. Montana says she’s “competitive AF.” The Instagram beauty shared a photo palming a basketball with one hand in a series of Instagram pictures outside a home in Alpharetta, GA on July 19. Showing off her incredible figure in a black sports bra and bike shorts, Montana wrote in the caption, “Don’t be fooled by the smile…I’m competitive AF…like AFFFFF.”
3. Montana was born and raised in Southern California, and is of mixed heritage. She was born at Newport Beach, CA’s Hoag Hospital. Montana then went on to spend three years at Pasadena’s Maranatha High School before graduating from Malibu High in 2015. Her father Paul is of Chinese descent, while her mom Gina is English, Irish, & German.
4. Montana is a former beauty queen. Montana was Miss Malibu Teen USA 2016, and placed in the top ten at Miss California Teen USA 2016. From there she pursued a career in modeling and acting. During her time as a swimsuit model, she traveled to locations including the Bahamas and Miami for sexy photo shoots. She fell for Malik in 2018, becoming a “mother, wife, and model,” according to her bio.
5. Montana and Malik are facing drug possession charges stemming from a Sept. 2020 incident at their Plymouth, MN home. Malik was charged by the Hennepin County Attorney’s office with “felony threats of violence and fifth-degree drug possession,” while Montana faces the same fifth-degree drug possession charge. It stemmed from a Sept. 26 incident at their suburban Minneapolis home where he allegedly pointed a gun at trespassers. During a search warrant of the home for the rifle, officers found “835 grams of marijuana in the basement living room and main floor office,” according to the HCA’s press release. “When police interviewed Yao, she admitted that all the marijuana was hers, and that she purchased it from a medical marijuana store, though could not provide its location. Yao also did not have documentation indicating that she could have medical marijuana,” the Hennepin County Attorney’s office wrote in their release.