Megan Barton-Hanson is at the center of the reality TV show crossover fans didn’t see coming! Learn more about the ‘Love Island’ star who Scott Disick DMed two years after she was on the dating show!
This was one interaction between celebrities we did not have on our 2020 bingo cards! Scott Disick‘s alleged DMs to Love Island contestant Megan Barton-Hanson are back in the spotlight nearly one week after the Keeping Up With The Kardashians star seemingly messaged her about how she treated one of her fellow contestants — two years after she was on the show! “It’s not often that I’m left speechless,” Megan began the caption to her screenshot of the alleged DMs, which she reposted on her Instagram Story sometime last week.
“I was recently introduced to a beautiful man, named Eyal [Booker]. when i went to see what he’s done on tv, I was astonished by your behavior,” Scott’s message to Megan allegedly read, according to the below screenshot shared to her Instagram Story. “To find you mugging him off, and taking full advantage of his unbelievably beautiful sense of humor, and vulnerability. i’m extremely disturbed that anybody could be so disrespectful to somebody for no good reason.” The Love Island star was very confused, adding to her screenshot “What have I just read?” Plus, she’s been sharing hilarious memes about the alleged exchange with Scott ever since! Learn five things about Megan Barton-Hanson below!
Just Scott Disick giving Megan Barton-Hanson a word over the way she treated Eyal Booker on Love Island in 2018 ❓ pic.twitter.com/UDLafcWd50
— Sarah Packer (@Sarah_EmilyP) November 20, 2020
1) Megan appeared on season four of Love Island. Megan starred on the fourth season of the U.K. dating show Love Island in 2018. During her time on the reality TV series Megan raised a few eyebrows for viewers when it came to her relationship with Eyal Booker.
The two had incredible physical chemistry, and even crossed a major milestone on the show by being the first couple to be intimate in the Hideaway. Unfortunately, Megan chose to break off her relationship with Eyal, saying that she was only “physically attracted” to him and slightly shading his personality. “You’re not exactly Jim Carrey,” she memorably said.
2) She’s openly spoken about her struggle with anxiety and depression. On World Mental Health Day in October 2018, Megan shared a lengthy post explaining her difficult journey with her mental health and how she had dealt with depression and anxiety. “I’m so lucky that the Love Island opportunity arrived when it did,” Megan shared of how the show helped her.
“I didn’t realize at the time what the impact of being away from it all in the villa would have on my mental state,” she continued. “I thought it would make me famous and I would earn lots of money and that would bring me happiness but actually it was more like a rehab retreat for me stripping everything back and forcing me to see what was most important in my life.”
3) She’s a model. All over Megan’s Instagram account are glamorous pictures of the reality TV star posed-up in some fashionable threads and some daring looks. One image even features the star wearing nothing but glitter all over her body! Megan is also an Ann Summers ambassador, a retailer specializing in lingerie and more.
4) Megan has a huge social media following. Over the last few years, Megan has accrued quite the fan base. She boasts over 1.5 million followers on Instagram. Since joining Twitter in June 2018, Megan has garnered over 80K followers.
5) She’s originally from Essex. Like all of the cast members of Love Island, Megan hails from the United Kingdom. Megan is an Essex girl, which is roughly one hour outside of bustling London.