It’s no secret that Luke Parker has emerged as the ‘villain’ on this season of ‘The Bachelorette,’ and it looks like Hannah Brown may finally be ready to send him packing during the June 17 episode!
Luke Parker has been at the center of almost ALL the drama on season 15 of The Bachelorette, but Hannah Brown has not been able to deny her connection with him. Ever since the premiere episode, though, the men in the house have been weary of Luke’s intentions, and he’s been labeled as this season’s ‘villain.’ Viewers just cannot understand why Hannah has kept Luke around this long, and after their disastrous one-on-one date during the June 11 episode, it looks like Hannah may finally be seeing through the 24-year-old. The episode ended with Hannah telling Luke she could not give him the rose on the date, but previews for the June 17 episode show Luke being extremely persistent about wanting to stay. As we wait to see how things unfold, here’s more to know about him:
1. He’s admitted to being a player in the past. In his intro video for The Bachelorette, Luke admitted to taking advantage of girls thinking he was good looking during college. “I think I’m a good looking guy,” he explained. “When I was in college, a lot of the girls around me thought so, too.” Luke attended Faulkner University for college, which is located in Montgomery, Alabama. Before Faulkner, he spent his freshman and sophomore year at Polk State College, followed by two years at High Point University.
2. He had a religious awakening in the shower. After dishing on his ‘player’ days in his intro video, Luke said that he did a complete 180 with his life after hearing God “speak to him” in the shower. “I realized that I wasn’t the man I wanted to be and I’ve been working on the husband that I want to be for my future wife,” he explained. Now, he claims his focus is solely on finding the right woman and settling down!
3. He’s a former athlete. Luke played baseball in college. He was an outfielder for Faulkner University from 2016-2017, and previously played at High Point University from 2015-2017.
4. His sister-in-law applied for him to be on the show. Luke went through a bad breakup about a year before he was on The Bachelorette, which is when his brother’s wife, Hannah, decided to sign him up for the show. “I was like…I’m going to apply Luke for the show and just see what happens,” she explained to the Gainesville Times. “[I was] thinking he had no chance of getting on the show.”
5. He got to meet Hannah earlier than most of the other contestants. Luke was one of five men who got to meet Hannah before filming The Bachelorette even started. It all went down on the live After the Final Rose that followed Colton Underwood’s season of The Bachelor in March 2019. Luke told Hannah she was the only person who he wanted to be the Bachelorette, and began sweet talking her right away. However, he did not get the one rose she gave out that night — which is probably why he came back swinging during the premiere!