Get ready for ‘The Beast 2.0?’ Fans were buzzing amid rumors that Luke Lesnar, the son of WWE’s Brock Lesnar, was following in his father’s footsteps. Here’s what you need to know.
Update 3:00 PM ET: Despite being arguably the biggest Superstar in the WWE, outside of the ring, Brock Lesnar, 42, is notoriously private and one who keeps his personal life away from the spotlight. So, when there were reports that his son, Luke Lesnar, 17, was possibly following in his footsteps, the WWE Universe began buzzing. An Instagram account bearing Luke’s name indicated that the son of “The Beast” was going to the WWE, as one picture was geotagged at the WWE’s Performance Center.
However, it was a ruse. Shortly after the buzz began about a possible Lesnar vs. Lesnar match, the account was taken down. The WWE confirmed to HollywoodLife that the account did not belong to Brock’s son. So, excited fans will have to wait to see if any of Brock’s children follow him into the family business. Before that day comes, here’s what’s been reported about Brock’s oldest boy.
1. He is not Bryce Winkelmann. The person posing in the videos and pictures on that now-deted Instagram looked incredibly jacked, and considering Luke’s heritage, it would make sense that a seventeen-year-old would have a six-pack. However, Wrestling Sheet’s Ryan Satin, and @Project_Jonny, found out that the buff dude in that now-deleted Instagram account was Instagram user @brycewinkelmann. For a brief moment, Bryce was the son of a WWE Icon – and he probably didn’t know it.
FYI — I asked around about this pic supposedly of Brock’s son at the WWE PC. Was told by a source that it isn’t his child. Tried to find the original photo with reverse image search but couldn’t locate the original pic. pic.twitter.com/IRGtMpqVzB
— Ryan Satin (@ryansatin) July 15, 2019
2. He’s the son of Brock Lesnar and fitness model, Nicole McClain. Not much is known about Brock’s relationship with Luke’s mother, fitness model Nicole McClain, except that the union produced Luke and his sister. Brock and Nicole went their separate ways around 2003, according to Sportskeeda (who have since taken down their post after Luke Lesnar’s IG account was deleted.)
3. He has two half-brothers… Brock married Rena Greek, 51, formerly known as WWE Superstar Sable, in 2006. Shortly after Brock and Rena tied the knot, Luke became a big brother. Brock and Rena’s first son, Turk, was born in 2009, and they welcomed their second, Duke, in 2010.
4. …and, a twin sister. In addition to his half-brothers, Luke reportedly has a twin sister, according to Sportskeeda. Mya Lynn Lesnar, just like her father, is pretty private, as she’s not active on social media. Yet, she seems to be just as athletic as her family, as Sportskeeda reports she loves to play volleyball.
5. His father just became the WWE Universal champion again. So, how long will it be before we see Lesnar Vs. Lesnar at WrestleMania? Could it be for the Universal title? It’s possible that Brock will still be the champ by then. On July 14, at the end of the WWE’s Extreme Rules event, Brock used his Money In The Bank contract on Seth Rollins following the main event. After two German suplexes and an “F-5” finishing move, Brock won the Universal Championship for a record-setting third time.