Nikki and Brie Bella are asking ‘for so many prayers’ as their mom, Kathy Colace, heads into brain surgery for ‘a tumor on her brain stem that has been paralyzing her face.’ Here’s more to know.
UPDATE, 7/01/20, 7:32pm ET: Amazing news: Kathy Colace had “a very successful surgery,” which her daughter Nikki Bella revealed in an Instagram post on June 30. “It took a lot longer than expected, but it’s because the doctors wanted to really make sure that everything was taken out, because if we didn’t catch this, it could’ve actually been fatal,” Nikki further explained in a video, referencing the brain tumor that her mom had. Nikki also revealed that Kathy will be in the ICU for “a few days.”
Nikki’s twin, Brie Bella, had the same news to share on her Instagram Story. The twins filmed a video in which Brie revealed that their mom can now “able to start her journey of recovery,” and thanked fans for their thoughtful messages.
View this post on Instagram
Mama Bella had a very successful surgery! Can’t thank you all enough for your prayers, love, light and beautiful words! Can’t wait for my Mom to see how loved she is. It’s going to mean the world to her. Now prayers for her recovery! And thank you to the surgeons who took such incredible care of her. Can’t thank you all enough! Feeling very blessed and grateful right now. So relieved and happy. Can’t wait to squeeze my Mom! She’ll be in ICU for a few days but when I can she’s getting a really big hug and kiss! @mrjohnlaurinaitis thank you for being her and our family’s rock! We all couldn’t have gotten through today without you! Love you! ❤️
A post shared by Nikki Bella (@thenikkibella) on
UPDATE, 6/30/20, 11:15am ET: Nikki and Brie Bella’s mom, Kathy Colace, was been struggling with a brain tumor that is leading her into surgery on June 30. In an emotional post that Nikki made to her Instagram account the day of the surgery, the former WWE wrestler wrote a loving message about her mom, which included a carousel post of photos of Kathy with family and friends. “Our Mama Bella, our Gigi, our Gato is about to head into brain surgery,” Nikki began the caption to the post. “I ask for so many prayers, so much light and love sent her way. Sadly they found what you can compare to a tumor on her brain stem that has been paralyzing her face.”
Nikki assured fans that she has “faith that the amazing doctors will do an incredible job and our Gigi will be on the road to recovery starting late today. She’s loved by so many of us and just pray that her road to recovery is exactly what we are hoping for so we can put two new grand babies in her arms soon. Love you SOOO much Mom! You have a big Bella Army out here praying for you!!”
ORIGINAL: Kathy Colace, the mother of Nikki Bella and Brie Bella, has appeared on the girls’ reality show, Total Bellas, since its first season in 2016. She is a recurring cast member on the show. However, during season five, she has become an integral part of the storyline, as Nikki and Brie work on reconnecting with their biological father, and Kathy’s ex, Jon Garcia. Kathy was blindsided by the news that Brie and Jon had been spending time together behind her back, and it’s led to some major tension, which will continue into the April 16 episode. Here’s more to know about Kathy:
1. She was with Jon for 15 years. Kathy and Jon were together for 15 years. In addition to Nikki and Brie, they also have a son, JJ Garcia, together. Unfortunately, Kathy and Jon’s relationship grew extremely toxic as the kids got older. During the April 9 episode of Total Bellas, Nikki and Brie reminisced about watching their parents’ troubled relationship over the years. “Seeing how my parents’ marriage was for 15 years, I thought love was a certain way — fighting, arguing and jealousy,” Nikki admitted. “That is not the case.”
2. She re-married in 2016. Kathy is currently married to John Laurinaitis, who she got engaged to in 2015 and married in 2016. Johnny is a retired wrestler and works as a senior producer for the WWE. He has a daughter, Maya, who is an aspiring model, from a previous relationship.
3. She works as a recruiter in Phoenix. Like Nikki and Brie, Kathy lives in Phoenix, Arizona, where she works as a Managing Partner at an executive recruiting firm, JBN & Associates. She founded the company in 1999.
4. She’s done work for the Phoenix Suns. Kathy began serving on the Phoenix Suns Charities Board since 2003, and was the Board President for the 2014-2015 season. She was also on the board for the Suns Nites Hoops.
5. She is a grandmother. Kathy gave birth to Nikki and Brie when she was just 19 years old, so at 55, she is a young grandmother. She has three grandchildren: Brie’s daughter, Birdie, as well as JJ’s two daughters, Vivienne and Alice.