Bella Robertson and her fiancé both took to Instagram to share the happy news! Learn more about the ‘Duck Dynasty’ alum here.
Bella Robertson, 18, is engaged! The Duck Dynasty star revealed that she is going to marry her boyfriend Jacob Mayo via Instagram on Sunday, Nov. 29. “i was thankful for you yesterday, i am thankful for you today, and now i get to be thankful for you for the rest of my life! i am blown away by Gods goodness and grace. @jacobdmayo lets get married!! i love you forever,” she wrote in a post, sharing a sweet black-and-white photo. The image appeared to be part of a photo booth set up by Jacob, as the text on the bottom read “she said yes!”
Jacob also shared the joyful news to his own social media accounts, revealing his romantic proposal in a sweet photo gallery. Bella’s future husband tied a blindfold around her eyes to conceal the surprise, which was set up in a candlelit barn. In other photos, he could be seen bending down on one knee and twirling his bride-to-be. “Engaged! Bella is many things to me,” he began his tribute post.
“She is my best friend. She is the person I can lean on in any problem with no judgment. But with the honest truth when I’m acting out. She loves Jesus,” he added. “She holds me to a higher standard that she doesn’t let waver. She unconditionally loves me whether I’m doing what she likes or the opposite side of the spectrum. She’s the one for me forever. She’s my everything. I thank God for her. #tothemayos,” he concluded his post. Learn more about Bella — a.k.a. the future Mrs. Mayo — here!
1. Her family starred on Duck Dynasty. Bella is a member of that Robertson clan. A&E’s Duck Dynasty ran from 2012-2017, and followed Bella’s dad Willie Robertson, 48, his brothers Jase, Jules, Alan, and their dad (and Bella’s grandfather) Phil, 74. Willie acted as CEO of the family’s hunting apparel company Duck Commander. The family members are known for their dramatically long beards. Bella also worked as a coffee shop while studying at Liberty University.
“I work at a coffee shop most days so my school schedule revolves around that if I work from 7:15-1:30 then I would go straight from work to my math tutor’s house, work for a while, then to a coffee shop to finish the rest of my classes, and hopefully if I have time I hit the gym for my health and PE class,” she said in blog interview with her university.
2. She was raised in Louisiana. Bella was born on Sept. 16, 2002 to Willie and Korie Robertson, 47, in Louisiana. She was raised in West Monroe — the area her family still calls home — with her siblings Sadie, 23, John Luke, 25, Rebecca, 32, and adopted brothers Willie Alexander, 17, and Rowdy, 17.
3. She’s a college student. She’s currently a student at Liberty University’s online academy, sharing that her favorite class is bible study. “Being an online student can be hard when you are on the road because while you’re traveling around seeing new places it can be hard to confine yourself to one specific space to try to get your work done,” she confessed in an interview with LUOA’s blog in 2019. “A lot of times school can be the last thing you want to do, I understand that. I think the best thing to get you through it though is remembering where you’re doing school, and that you could be sitting in a classroom full of people you can’t relate to, for hours on end, but you’re not; Wherever you are, a coffee shop in your town, a green room of an event 7 states over, or even your bed, you are not in a classroom, you are exactly where you want to be, you just have to pay some life fees to be there,” she explained.”
4. Her family is thrilled about the engagement. Bella’s sister Sadie congratulated her with a sweet post of her own! “HOW IS MY LITTLE SISTER ENGAGED?!? I thought you were still 7?!?” she began her post, including a group photo from an engagement party. “But as wild as this is to me I’m thankful it’s to such a good man like Jacob. We can’t wait to welcome you into this crazy family even though I kind of already feel like you are a part of it …bella, you have always had the best heart and you’re going to be the most incredible wife. Thankful for our family growing…. 2021 is going to be one for the books that’s for sure,” she added.
5. She dated Cameron Candace Bure’s son. Before dating and becoming engaged to Jacob, Bella dated Fuller House stars Candace Cameron Bure‘s son Lev, 20. The exes, then 16 and 18, even went to prom together! “I know you’ve seen her before, but allow me to introduce to you the most amazing girl on the planet: beautiful, kindhearted, intelligent, graceful… just to get an idea. She lights up a room with her radiant smile…and I love her with all of my heart,” Lev posted on Instagram at the time. Lev has since gotten engaged himself!