1. Maggie’s a Stanford University graduate. — She recently graduated from the private school in California in June 2020. At the time, she shared a photo with friends that showed the group wearing matching white outfits and red silk sashes. While she attended Stanford, Maggie studied climate control, which is something that’s close to her heart.
“Maggie is a free diver,” her father, Tim McGraw, 53, told Country Countdown USA in June of 2016. “She’s always been interested in the ocean, so her primary interest is marine biology,” he said, noting that it’s “always been her biggest interest.”
2. She’s attended multiple red carpets alongside her father. — In 2016, Maggie accompanied Tim to the 2016 American Music Awards in November, where she turned heads in an all-black ensemble. Just a few months prior, Maggie was her father’s date to the 2016 CMT Awards in June.
3. She’s very close with her two siblings. — Faith Hill, 53, and Tim have a total of three children — all girls! At 22, Maggie’s in the middle of her older sister Gracie McGraw, 23, and 19-year-old Audrey McGraw. Tim, who rarely shares photos of all three of his kids together, has gushed over the trio’s strong sisterly bond.
“Anybody who has more than one kid knows they’re so different. They’re so individual. But they’re all real close, and all real supportive of each other,” he told Country Countdown USA in the aforementioned 2016 interview. “They miss each other when they’re not around, but the also want their sisters to experience life.”
The country music icon added that he’s Faith’s 4th child. “I’m the oldest kid in the family. Faith’s got four kids. I just do what mom says,” he said before noting that the family shares a common interest — the water. “That’s our favorite thing to do. Gracie is my spearfishing partner, and Maggie is a free diver. So we’ll get in the water with her,” Tim explained. Additionally, the McGraw family enjoys dressing up as characters in their favorite films and shows including Harry Potter and Game of Thrones.
4. Maggie has a boyfriend. — She’s dating John Whiting, who she appears to have met at Stanford. Though, the details about their relationship are unknown. While his Instagram account is set to private, Whiting appears in cozy snaps on Maggie’s Instagram. In August, the pair celebrated Maggie’s 22nd birthday with a picnic that included cucumber sandwiches, tea and florals — all of which were put together by her sister Gracie.
5. She was in a band. — Maggie appears to have been the lead singer of a girl group that performed outdoor concerts at Stanford University. Her Instagram feed includes photos of herself singing on stage with her girl group in tow. While Maggie hasn’t pursued a serious career in music, she definitely has impressive singing chops, just like her parents.