Isabelle “Izzy” Wouters is out and proud! The Below Deck newcomer announced the news on Tuesday, sharing a pair of photos of herself on the hit Bravo show. “The face of the straight men who slide into my dm’s when I say – HELLO MY NAME IS IZZY AND I AM OUT AND PROUD,” she wrote on Instagram. Izzy added the hashtags #LankyLezzy, #P**syPlease, and #OutAndProud to her post, as well as rainbow, heart and pride flag emojis. Her fellow Below Deck cast members shared their support for Izzy in the comments section, with Eddie Lucas writing, “Get it girl!! You the best!”
Following the news, Izzy immediately received support from Bravo and Below Deck. The show shared a smiling photo of the reality star to Instagram, captioned, “The #BelowDeckfamily is PROUD of @izzywouters, who came out yesterday. Drop any color [heart] to show her your support below!” — Learn more about the beloved reality star, below:
1. Izzy wants to help others by speaking publicly about her sexuality. — After she came out as a lesbian, Izzy went on to repost messages of support from fans, along with a lengthy passage about the importance of living your truth. “I’m so bloody overwhelmed from everyone’s support. Thank you to everyone from the bottom of my heart,” she wrote, via Instagram Stories on December 16. “Throughout history the [LGBTQ+] community has been a marginalized community. A lot of our gay friends and family are not comfortable coming out and that shouldn’t be problem that we face in society today,” Izzy continued, explaining that “coming out helps others in knowing they are not alone and that it is okay to live your life true to yourself. And if me sharing my sexuality helps just one person to feel comfortable I themselves and live their best goddamn life then that’s all that matters.”
2. She was born in New Zealand and was raised in Australia. — Therefore, it’s likely no surprise that Izzy loves to travel. Most of her instagram feed is filled with scenic photos from different landmarks around the globe. Additionally, she’s very proud of her roots and often shares photos at Church Point, a suburb in the Northern Beaches region of Sydney.
3. Izzy joined Below Deck in the show’s eighth season. — Season 8 of Below Deck premiered in November 2020, and introduced Izzy as a stewardess and deckhand. She takes her job very seriously and hopes to carve her own path in the Below Deck franchise.
4. She got into the yachting industry unexpectedly. — In 2016, Izzy actually entered the yachting industry “as a fluke” while planning to travel Europe, according to her Bravo bio. After getting her first taste of wanderlust, Izzy knew that exploring the world was for her. Following her first stew job, she was so drawn to the yacht life that she took more courses to become a certified yacht master. Now, she knows her way around the interior and exterior better than most.
5. Izzy is a promoter of body positivity. — She quickly became a fan favorite on Below Deck, due in part to her positive posts on social media. Back in November, fans praised Izzy over this message about embracing the skin you’re in: “Let’s keep normalizing scars and stretch marks and moles and cellulite and hair that hasn’t been brushed for two days and all the things that make us human,” she wrote alongside a photo of her in a bikini. “The perfect body is the one that you currently have.”