From ‘Spy Kids’ to having kids! Daryl Sabara’s about to become a first-time father after wife Meghan Trainor announced that they’re having a baby. Here’s everything you need to know about the actor.
Daryl Sabara and Meghan Trainor‘s house is about to get a little fuller. Meghan, 26, announced on the October 7 episode of TODAY that they’re expecting their first child together after two blissful years of marriage. Daryl, the 27-year-old star of Spy Kids and so much more, happily joined his wife for the joyous announcement via Zoom. Here’s what you need to know about Daryl as he enters this awesome new chapter of his life.
1. He played Junie Cortez in the Spy Kids films. Daryl became a household name when he was just a child, after landing one of the lead roles in Robert Rodriguez‘s family-friendly action film Spy Kids. The star-studded film about a family of secret agents (Daryl, Alexa Penavega, Carla Gugino, and Antonio Banderas) was an instant hit. It spawned three followup films: Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams, Spy Kids 3: Game Over, and Spy Kids 4-D: All the Time in the World.
2. He’s also a voice actor. When he’s not on screen, Daryl is busy in the studio recording voice roles. He voiced Hero Boy, the lead in the 2004 animated Christmas film The Polar Express. His other voice credits include Father of the Pride, The Batman, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, Generator Rex, Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Ben 10.
3. Chloe Grace Moretz set him up with Meghan. Daryl and Meghan had a mutual friend in common, who thought they would be perfect together, the “All About That Bass” singer revealed in 2018. The twosome went out on their first date in 2016, and the rest was history. They married two years later, and here they are, about to become first-time parents. And it’s all thanks to Chloe.
4. He and Meghan got hitched in December 2018. Their relationship got hot and heavy fast after their fateful first date. Just one year later, Daryl proposed, right before Christmas 2017. It was adorable: he got down on one knee and popped the question as they were walking through a tunnel of Christmas lights. Their romantic wedding was held in December 2018, and Meghan let her fans see the whole event unfold in her “Marry Me” music video.
5. The couple have discussed kids for quite some time. Meghan has been incredibly open about wanting to start a family with her husband. She admitted during an October 2019 interview with E! News that she wanted to have a “bunch of babies” with Daryl. “I want triplets. I want to get it all done at one time, pop them in there. You know what I’m saying? Let’s knock it out. Let’s do it all at once,” she said.