The new holiday movie ‘A California Christmas’ has taken over Netflix. The film stars ‘GH’ cast member Josh Swickard, who plays the handsome Joseph in the Netflix movie.
It’s officially that time of year when you’re watching holiday movies constantly. A California Christmas was released on Netflix on Dec. 14, and it instantly made it into the streaming service’s top ranks. The movie stars Josh and Lauren Swickard (formerly Lorynn York). Josh plays a wealthy, charismatic man named Joseph who poses as a ranch hand to get a hardworking farmer to sell her family’s land before Christmas. HollywoodLife has rounded up 5 key things you need to know about Josh.
1. Josh is best known for his role on General Hospital. Josh has played the role of Harrison Chase on the long-running soap opera since 2018. Chase is a detective at the Port Charles Police Department. The character is also Dr. Hamilton Finn’s half-brother.
2. He’s married to his A California Christmas co-star! Yes, Josh and Lauren are married! Lauren stars in A California Christmas as Callie, the farmer Joseph is trying to buy land from and the woman Joseph falls in love with. The real-life couple married in July 2019.
3. This isn’t the first time Josh and Lauren have starred in a project together. They actually met and fell in love on the set of the movie Roped. They announced their engagement in Dec. 2018 and married the following year. Roped debuted on Netflix in May 2020.
4. He got his start on a Disney Channel series. Josh’s first big break was playing Todd Stetson for multiple episodes of Liv and Maddie in 2015 and 2016. Todd was Maddie’s date for Steven’s Point Awesome Rock Festival. He also appeared in an episode of K.C. Undercover.
5. He’s very close with his General Hospital co-stars! Josh has posted a number of photos and videos with his fellow GH stars like Chad Duell, Steve Burton, and Maurice Benard. Maurice even made Josh “breakfast for dinner” in a fun Instagram video in Nov. 2020.