R&B singer Jeremih is in the clear. The 33-year-old has reportedly beat COVID-19, and is now resting at-home. “First and foremost, I would like to thank God and the incredible team of doctors and nurses at Northwestern Memorial Hospital for saving my life. I will be forever grateful,” the singer said in a statement to TMZ.
“I would also like to thank my family and friends for all their prayers and well wishes. I’m overwhelmed with gratitude. A special thanks to Chance The Rapper, 50 Cent and Diddy for their love and support,” he added. HollywoodLife has reached out to Jeremih’s reps for comment. The good news comes three weeks after news broke that he was on a ventilator in a Chicago hospital and in critical condition. On Nov. 21, the singer was transferred from ICU to a regular hospital room, signaling he was doing better. Here are 5 things to know about the “Birthday Sex” singer.
Please if you can take a second to pray for my friend Jeremih, he is like a brother to me and he’s ill right now. I believe in the healing power of Jesus so if you can for me please please say a prayer over him
— Chance The Rapper (@chancetherapper) November 14, 2020
1. 50 Cent and Chance The Rapper asked fans to pray for him. News of Jeremih’s reported battle with COVID-19 broke when artists like Chance took to social media. “Please if you can take a second to pray for my friend Jeremih, he is like a brother to me and he’s ill right now. I believe in the healing power of Jesus so if you can for me please please say a prayer over him,” he wrote. Meanwhile, 50 Cent took to Instagram, sharing a snap of the pair together, accompanied by a caption which read, “Pray for my boy @jeremih he’s not doing good this covid s**t is real he’s in ICU in Chicago.”
2. A music producer also offered insight into Jeremih’s condition. Producer Hitmaka shared a snap of the singer, writing, “I need everyone to pray for my brother @jeremih this message is posted with his mothers blessings.” He also took to his Instagram Stories to ask for prayers, “My dawg changed my life. He gone pull thru. Pray for @jeremih,” one of his stories read. He continued, “We need that energy [prayer emoji]… Pray for my brother. He gone shake back @jeremih.”
3. Jeremih’s debut single peaked at number four. He dropped the song “Birthday Sex” in 2009 shortly after signing with his record label, and the song peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100 charts. He dropped his self-titled debut album shortly after, which went to number six on the Billboard charts.
4. He has received a Grammy nomination. In 2016, Jeremih was nominated for a Grammy Award for the Best R&B Performance, for his song “Planez” with J Cole.
5. He has a son. Jeremih is a father-of-one. He shares a young son named Canyon Grey with his ex Rachel Leigh.