Eric B’s 28-year-old daughter, Erica Supreme Barrier was hospitalized after a serious car crash in Connecticut early Sunday morning, March 15. Sadly, she has now passed away.
UPDATE: (3/17/20 9pm ET) Erica has passed away. In a statement to sister2sister2.0, “It is with profound sadness and disbelief that we announce the untimely passing of our beloved Erica Supreme Barrier on Monday 3-16-2020 at 6:18pm EST, states Alvina Alston, Eric B’s Publicist. “She fought a valiant fight, however we TRUST GOD & HIS ultimate decision to bring her home.”
“We want to sincerely thank everyone from around the world for the outpouring of support and love during this difficult time.
Please continue to keep our family in prayer as we now prepare to lay Erica to rest. This was an unfortunate vehicular accident that claimed her life however, and it’s also crucial that we pray for the other driver involved. Our hearts also go out to him and his family as we hold no ill will in our hearts for those involved. Again, we accept GOD’s will and want to sincerely thank the good samaritans, first responders and impeccable medical staff who cared for our daughter at Hartford Hospital, Hartford CT.” says Eric B.
Erica Supreme Barrier, the 28-year-old daughter of hip hop legend Eric Barrier (Eric B) was involved in a serious car accident in Hartford, Connecticut at 12:37 AM on early Sunday morning, Connecticut state police confirmed to HollywoodLife. According to the official police report, obtained by HollywoodLife, Erica driving a Mini Cooper Countryman on I-91 in Connecticut when it “stopped in the center lane” and an oncoming truck “was unable to stop in time and impacted the rear of [Erica’s car].”
1. Erica was seriously injured in the accident. She “sustained serious injuries,” according to the police report. Erica was “transported to Hartford Hospital,” police say. The truck driver was not injured. The investigation is ongoing.
2. An unconfirmed report describes Erica’s injuries. Jamie Foster Brown shared an alleged photo of Erica, along with a statement from who she claims is Eric B’s publicist. The post alleges Erica is in “extreme critical condition after an 18 wheeler rolled over her vehicle.” Brown writes, “Barrier is suffering from severe neck and spine fractures, among her many life threatening injuries, confirmed Eric B’s long time publicist Alvina Alston. The family is at her bedside and asking for your prayers.” Brown tagged Eric B in the post.
3. Erica doesn’t appear to have social media. There are no verified Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts associated with her name. It’s also unclear if she has any siblings.
4. Eric B has not yet spoken out. His last social media posts were just hours before news of the accident. Eric B has not put out a confirmation or formal statement.
5. Anyone with information is encouraged to call Troop H at 860-534-1000. Keep checking back for updates about this developing story.