I doubt I’m the only one who feels that there should be a Buffy the Vampire Slayer reboot, especially considering many fans are currently celebrating the show’s 20th anniversary, but I still feel the need to explain WHY there should be one. See my reasons below!
1. Reboots have proven to be super successful. Think about it — over the past few years, Gilmore Girls, Fuller House, 24, Girl Meets World, and more have all been major successes. Fans miss their favorite shows, and when they’re brought back to life, it’s almost a guarantee that they’ll attract a big audience. Plus, Buffy has always been placed at the TOP of pretty much every “Best Shows Ever” list. Why not keep that winning formula going?
2. The stars aren’t getting any younger. This is not a diss by any means. Obviously, as you can see in the reunion pics, everyone looks amazing, but vampires aren’t supposed to age. So if there’s going to a reboot series — one that features Angel (David Boreanaz) and Spike (James Marsters) — then it needs to happen now, before any signs of aging pop up.
3. The strong reaction to the cast’s reunion proves fans will turn up for a reboot series. The fans, including me, went wild on social media after the release of the reunion pics on March 29. And we’d do the same if there was ever a reboot to the series. Bring it on! We’re waiting for it.
4. Fans still need to see Buffy and Angel end up together. Since Angel was still on the air when Buffy ended, they technically couldn’t end up together. Otherwise, Sarah Michelle Gellar would have had to appear on the last season of Angel. They’ve always been end game — they even told each other that in “Chosen,” but we need to see it actually happen ON SCREEN. Please?
5. Just because. Frankly, we don’t even need a list like this to convince the powers that be that there should be a Buffy reboot. It’s pretty obvious why there should be one. Don’t you agree?
HollywoodLifers, how do YOU feel? Do you agree with me? Should there be a Buffy reboot? Tell me below!