Our hearts are broken over the death of Dylan Rieder, a handsome pro-skateboarder and model who covered our walls in the early 2000’s. Unfortunately, Dylan passed away on Oct. 12 after a long battle with leukemia. Here are 5 things to know about him.
1. He was suffering from leukemia. Dylan Rieder died of complications related to his terminal cancer on Oct. 12, but he had been “noticeably absent” from skate video for over a year as of Feb. 2016, according to The Ride Channel. At the time Dylan was talking about returning soon, but he stayed low-profile until his death this fall.
2. He owned a shop in NYC. The store called The Hunt opened in 2012, and sold unique furniture and oddities like jewelry, knives, animal bones and designer apparel. It was very in line with Dylan’s cutting-edge style, and his Instagram proves he was very proud of the store.
3. He started boarding as a kid. Dylan was just a 9-year-old kid growing up in Westminster, CA when he started skateboarding. He quickly became one of the most notable young boarders in the world partnering with Osiris, Quicksilver and more skateboard brands and went pro at 18 for Alien Workshop.
4. He had an impressive modelling career. Dylan is obviously adorable, so he quickly built up a great reputation as a professional model. At the peak of career in 2014 he even starred in a DKNY ad alongside supermodels Jourdan Dunn and Cara Delevingne.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by DYLAN RIEDER (@swankfuck_inc) on
5. He was obsessed with his dog, Hank. He even had his own hashtag! In tons of #MrHankDog pics and videos, Dylan gives the adorable German Shepherd treats and lots of cuddles, and it looked like the duo has tons of fun together before Dylan passed.
HollywoodLifers, what’s your favorite thing about Dylan? Share your thoughts with us!