1. Growing up in Los Angeles, Aaron Lohr, 40, was a child star with a number of big credits.
He got his first big break as a regular on the short lived 1987 TV show Bustin’ Loose then later played Marlon Baker/Russell on Sister Sister. Aaron was also a favorite at Disney studios starring in the films D2: The Mighty Ducks and it’s follow up D3 playing Dean Portman as well as the flick Newsies.
2. Aaron works as an addiction specialist in addition to acting.
Aaron graduated from UCLA with a prestigious degree in Theater Arts. But he later received a Master of Arts in Criminal Justice from John Jay College in New York as well as earning a Drug and Alcohol Counseling Certification from UCLA. He currently serves as a Client Liaison and Recovery Specialist at Avalon Recovery Center in Malibu while taking on occasional acting roles. Talk about a multi-talented guy!
3. Aaron and Idina met when they co-starred in the 2005 film version of groundbreaking Broadway musical Rent.
He played Steve in the film, and got to sing the moving songs Will I and Life Support that appeared on the film’s soundtrack. Coincidentally, the film also starred 45-year-old Idina and her then-husband Taye Diggs, 45.
4. Aaron and Idina chose a very high profile way to come out as a couple.
The pair made their red carpet debut at the Apr. 2015 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner in Washington, D.C., after rumors had swirled that their longtime friendship had developed into something more.
5. Aaron and Idina have been living together in L.A. since Aug. 2015.
The couple purchased a $2.675 million home in together in LA’s Encino area, proving that they definitely planned on a future together. They made things official on Sept. 23 when Idina revealed that he’d given her a diamond ring and they were engaged. Aww, what a perfect happy ending!
HollywoodLifers, what do you think of Aaron and Idina’s engagement? Is he the perfect man for her?