Ariel Camacho fans are taking time to remember the young singer who was tragically killed in a car accident at the age of 22 on Feb. 25. In the wake of this tragedy, here are the top five things to know about the Los Plebes del Rancho band member.
Ariel Camacho, 22, may be gone, but his unforgettable music and legacy will continue to live on. Following the young singers untimely death in Sinaloa, Mexico on Feb. 25, HollywoodLife.com has rounded up the top facts to get to know the talented musician and to honor his memory.
Ariel Camacho Dies: Facts About The Mexican Singer Who Died In A Car Accident
1. The deadly car crash that claimed Ariel’s life on Feb. 25, is thought to have been caused by speeding, Heavy reports. This accident was the second one that Ariel was involved in this year, and it is unknown if he was behind the wheel when the car crashed in Los Ranchitos near his hometown of Sinaloa.
2. Ariel was tragically not the only victim whose life was claimed in the crash. The other victim has been identified as Sarahi Duran Martinez and the site reports that two others were also in the car and were injured, but survived.
3. In his final message to his fans, Ariel posted a message on Facebook of him riding in a car with the caption, “Saludasos” which translates to well wishes. Following his passing, his fans have cried out to keep him memory alive by taking to Twitter to share his music and honor him.
4. Ariel had just performing his music when he was killed. The singer took part in the 2015 Carnival Mocorito concert on Feb. 25, and had been busy promoting the deluxe version of his album El Karma before getting into the deadly crash.
5. The up and comer was promoted by Sony in the US and was signed to DEL records. He fronted the band, Los Plebes Del Rancho with band mates, Cesar Sanches and Omar Burgos. Heavy reports that their style of music is called Sierreno which consists of three members along with a bass player, an acoustic guitar player as well as an accordion player.
Ariel Camacho — His Memory Remembered
Following Ariel’s tragic passing, as HollywoodLife.com previously reported, Angel Del Villar the president of the Regional Mexican label released a statement remembering and honoring Ariel.
“My heart is broken by the loss of Ariel Camacho,” Angel said. “I knew he was going to transform the genre in Mexico and the United States. Millions of people would have become fans and would have gotten to know the man I did.”
Our thoughts go out to Ariel’s family and loved ones during this difficult time.
— Caitlin Beck