Adam Brody: 5 Things To Know About The Newly-Engaged Star
[hl_youtube src=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-q2PmiaCA” link=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE-q2PmiaCA” text=”Ed Westwick: There’s Hope For Chuck & Blair In ‘Gossip Girl'”]
1. Adam isn’t just an actor — he’s a serious musician! He plays the drums for the band Big Japan. We’d go see him in concert!
2. Adam is Jewish, specifically a secular Jew. However, he has stated in the past that he “couldn’t be less religious.” So will there be a rabbi at the wedding? Guess we’ll have to wait and find out!
3. Adam dated a few girls before meeting Leighton. He dated director Lorene Scafaria, who wrote Nick and Nora’s Infinite Playlist, but they split in 2011. He also dated Rachel Bilson, his O.C. co-star, for three years until 2006.
4. He’s not just sexy — but he’s a sweetheart, too! He’s volunteered with the Young Storytellers Program, which develops literacy and self-esteem in young children.
5. He’s had a ton of movie and TV roles, but his wackiest may be playing Barry Williams (who played Greg Brady) in the 2000 made-for-TV movie Growing Up Brady.
Adam Brody & Leighton Meester Engaged
“Leighton and Adam are crazy about each other and have talked about getting married eventually,” Star reported. “But she had no idea when he would propose so soon! It was the surprise of her life and she’s ecstatic!”
So has the adorable couple chosen a wedding date yet? “Right now their plan is to get married next summer,” the outlet reported. “They are still deciding if they want a destination wedding or if they’ll marry in southern California somewhere.”
Are YOU thrilled that Adam and Leighton will tie the knot, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!
— Ivy Jacobson