You may know Julissa as the host of MTV’s Jersey Shore reunion but she’s also starring in a new film Harlem Hostel!
Julissa Bermudez, 26, has been in showbiz for quite some time. She was bitten by the acting bug at an early age and the New York native attended the city’s Talent Unlimited High School and studied drama. After appearing in a Coca-Cola commercial and being a finalist to represent Jennifer Lopez‘s fashion line she got her big break as the host of The Roof for Mun2 in 2004. Later Julissa hosted BET’s 106 & Park show as a VJ and also appeared as a correspondent on Randy Jackson‘s America’s Best Dance Crew. But her biggest role yet is in her upcoming comedy film Harlem Hostel as she stars as the love interest Julie. The funny flick is about some friends from Queens who decide to turn a brownstone into a hostel so they can make some extra money — it hits theaters Feb. 12.
Six things you never knew about Julissa Bermudez!
- What she likes to do in her free time: When I’m not hosting or acting I love retail therapy. But also I love to hang out with my 2-year-old newphew. Kids are the most honest and funniest human beings on this earth.
- On relationships: One thing I’ve learned is to maintain your own sense of ambition and worth — all of the goals you had prior because a lot of the time it’s in our nature as women to cater and start taking away our me time.
- Fashion ‘must have’ right now: A statement shoe! Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte shoes are too die for. I always love Louboutons I have plenty of those … and I just got an over the knee pair of Top Shop boots.
- Favorite kind of food: I love Dominican food and since I’m always on the road and a lot of people don’t have it. I either go to Malecon or Monfongo House in Manhattan.
- Her Tivo is filled with: The Jersey Shore and E! Fashion Police.
- She has a huge family! I have three older brothers and endless cousins!
We can’t wait to see her host the second Jersey Shore reunion — we’re sure it’s going to be GTL gooood! — Chloe Melas