Get ready for a One Direction wedding. After Liam Payne’s girlfriend, Maya Henry, was seen with a gigantic rock on THAT finger, the ‘For You’ singer confirmed that they’re getting hitched.
Maya Henry is known for her high-profile modeling gigs and relationship with One Direction alum Liam Payne. But the Texan native, who was born in 2000, made headlines at the end of Aug. 2020 when she was pictured wearing one very massive diamond ring on THAT finger. It turns out that this is no false alarm: Liam, 26, and Maya, 20, are engaged, a rep for the ex-1D singer confirmed to Us Weekly. So, congratulations are in order!
In the photo, Liam and Maya were heading out to dinner at a premiere London restaurant, Novikov. It’s hard NOT to see the massive diamond on her hand. Want to know more about Maya, Liam’s future wife? Check out the exciting info we discovered, below!
1. Maya has modeled for famous magazines and runways. Maya is represented by Elite Model Management, and has walked for Dolce & Gabbana and George Hobeika’s Paris Fashion Week show. She has also landed on a number of magazine covers for publications like Elle Romania, Harper’s Bazaar Vietnam and Grazia Italia.
2. Liam made his relationship with Maya public in Sept. 2019. Liam confirmed that he was dating the young model in a loving Instagram message, just a little over a year after announcing his split from singer Cheryl Ann Tweedy. Liam and his ex share a son, Bear, who was born in March of 2017.
View this post on Instagram
Sometimes I don’t recognise this happy guy… sure glad you brought him back though. This has been my most amazing release week to date! Massive thank you to all my team @stevefinan @simonolive73 @jordenpinchen @conorleebutler @adamfkelly @stockersstory for helping setting it all up and making it run smooth @artisthbtl for fuckin with my sound can’t wait to perform it with you. my team on the ground here in nyc @republicrecords for supporting my record and @capitoluk for getting my record together and putting up with my self conscious shit😂 then last but not least this one @maya_henry for always keeping the biggest smile on my face through all the stress and making me realise how perfect my life really is🥰love you all let’s stack this shit up 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼
A post shared by Liam Payne (@liampayne) on
3. Maya comes from a well-known Mexican-American family in San Antonio, Texas. She’s the daughter of a respected personal injury lawyer, Thomas J. Henry, and their family’s lives were even featured in a YouTube reality series called Hangin with Los Henrys. However, it looks like the videos on the channel (which has more than 73,000 subscribers) have since been taken down.
4. Nick Jonas and Pitbull performed at Maya’s quinceañera. As the daughter of a famous attorney, Maya could afford the best entertainment at her 15th birthday celebration. The quinceañera cost a whopping $6 million, according to The Dallas Morning News. Maya’s brother, Thomas Henry Jr., was spoiled with a $4 million birthday party when he turned 18 years old!
5. She’s made cameos in a few famous music videos. Maya appeared as the bartendress in the music video for “Old Town Road,” which Lil Nas X — a fellow Texan — released in May of 2019. She also made a cameo in Joe Jonas and DNCE’s 2016 music video for “Kissing Strangers.”