Kieran Culkin is one of the many stars of ‘Succession’ nominated for a 2020 Emmy. The talented actor has been acting ever since he was a child and comes from a famous Hollywood family.
Kieran Culkin, 37, is nominated for his first-ever Emmy Award in 2020 for his role on HBO’s Succession. You probably recognize Kieran from his past roles, which include a beloved holiday movie, a cult classic, and more. However, some might be asking: who is Kieran Culkin? HollywoodLife has 5 key things you need to know.
1. Kieran is currently starring as Roman Roy on Succession. Kieran stars alongside Brian Cox, Jeremy Strong, Sarah Snook, Matthew Macfadyen, and more in the hit HBO series, which will return for a third season. Roman is the youngest son of Logan Roy and the most immature of the Roy children. Roman is the family’s wild card, often surprising everyone with inappropriate comments. Kieran plays Roman to perfection. Despite his immature actions, Roman has become of the most loved characters of the series. Before Succession, Kieran had notable roles in Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, the Fargo TV series, and more.
2. He’s from a very famous family. Kieran is the younger brother of actor Macaulay Culkin and the older brother of actor Rory Culkin. He is one of 8 Culkin kids. Kieran started out as a child actor like many of his siblings.
3. His very first role was in the movie that made his brother famous. Kieran played Fuller McCallister, Kevin McCallister’s younger cousin, in the 1990 holiday classic Home Alone. The movie catapulted his older brother Macaulay to superstardom. Kieran also returned for the sequel, Home Alone 2: Lost In New York.
4. Kieran has racked up a number of awards nominations over the years. Kieran earned his first Golden Globe nomination in 2003 for Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical for his role in Igby Goes Down. He was nominated for a Golden Globe again in 2019 for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television for his role in Succession. In 2020, Kieran was nominated for both a Golden Globe and Emmy for Succession.
5. He’s happily married. Kieran married Jazz Charton in 2013. Their daughter, Kinsey Sioux, was born in Sept. 2019.