Footage from season 16 of ‘The Bachelorette’ shows Clare Crawley beaming after meeting Dale Moss on night one of filming. Here’s more to know about the 32-year-old.
“I definitely feel like I just met my husband,” Clare Crawley says after meeting Dale Moss in a trailer for season 16 of The Bachelorette. Footage of the pair’s first meeting makes it clear that Clare is smitten with Dale from the moment she lays eyes on him. Of course, there’s also 30 other men hoping to win Clare’s heart, so this will be a bit more complicated than ‘love at first sight.’ As we wait to see what unfolds when The Bachelorette premieres on Oct. 13, here’s more to know about Dale:
1. He was a professional athlete. Dale played one year of football at the South Dakota State University, and signed with the Green Bay Packers in 2012. He played on the practice squad for a few months, but was released from the team that same year. He was also briefly on the practice squad for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but was let go from them by Nov. 2012, as well. From the end of 2012 until mid-2013, Dale was part of the practice squad for the Chicago Bears, but the team waived him in June 2013. He spent two months with the Carolina Panthers before being waived by them, as well. He briefly played for the Arena Football League in 2014.
2. Football isn’t the only sport he excelled at. In high school, Dale participated in basketball and track, in addition to football. He also played four years of basketball at South Dakota State.
3. He works with the Special Olympics. Dale is a global ambassador for the Special Olympics. His passion for the organization stemmed from his sister, Amber, who woke up unable to walk when she was just five years old. She was a participant in the Special Olympics as a child, which is how Dale got involved with the organization himself.
4. He’s close with his family. Dale is definitely a family man. His mother passed away unexpectedly back in 2016, but he says that he’ll always remember a valuable lesson that she taught him: “Follow [your] passions and nothing is impossible if you work hard.”
5. He founded a sports PR company & has worked as a model. Dale founded Moss Martin Media, a video production and creative agency working with some of the world’s top sports, fitness, fashion and lifestyle brands, in 2014. He is also represented by the Wihelmina International modeling agency, where he first signed in 2015.