Tyler Gwozdz was a contestant on Hannah Brown’s season of The Bachelorette, which was filmed in the spring of 2019 and aired throughout the summer. Now, just months later, the 28-year-old is dead, according to TMZ. The site claims that Tyler was rushed to a hospital after a suspected drug overdose on Jan. 13. Initial reports said he was in critical but stable condition, but the Palm Beach County Medical’s Examiner’s Office has confirmed with HollywoodLife that his body with them. According to the Boca Raton PD, officers and paramedics rushed to a home on Monday, Jan. 13, in response to a 911 call for a possible drug overdose. He reportedly remained in the hospital for a week, but as of Tuesday, Jan 21, TMZ reported he was “no longer a current patient in their system.” Now, we know why. As the Bachelorette nation mourns the death of this young man, here’s what you need to know.
1. How did he fare on ‘The Bachelorette’? Tyler made a decent first impression on Hannah, as he was the person she chose to go on her very first one-on-one date with. Things went well between them, and Hannah gave Tyler a rose at the end of the date. However, their love story was cut short — during the show’s third episode, Hannah found out that Tyler “had to leave” the show. There was no further explanation given as to why Tyler departed. It was never revealed whether or not the decision was made on his own accord, or by production.
2. He’s educated with career aspirations. Tyler completed his undergraduate education at Trinity College in Hartford, where he received his Bachelor’s Degree in Economics. In his Bachelorette bio, he said that his life goal is to get his PhD and eventually become a clinical psychologist. As of July 2019, he has been working as the Director of Sales at Deep Bay Spirits in Nashville, Tennessee
3. He previously worked for other liquor companies. Tyler worked in marketing and sales for SpikedSeltzer, and was actually the first salesman to work for the brand when it launched in 2014. He helped launch the drink in Nashville, and continued to work for the company after it was bought by Anheuser-Busch in 2016. Under Anheuser-Busch, Tyler helped launch SpikedSeltzer in more states throughout the country.
4. He’s very into staying active and in shape. Tyler was a college athlete and played varsity lacrosse at Trinity College. He also lists Soul Cycle as one of his interests and said he “adheres to a strict Keto diet.”
5. He has a side business. When he wasn’t studying or working out, Tyler worked his side business in Dream Therapy Analysis, according to his ABC bio.