She’s one of the most popular beauty vloggers on YouTube, and the daughter of Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli. Here’s what else you should know about 21-year-old Olivia Jade Giannulli.
Olivia Jade Giannulli, 21, has spoken out about the College Admissions scandal for the first time since her parents were implicated in the scheme in 2019. Once known as a YouTuber, the student soon became the poster child for operation Varsity Blues, when it was discovered that her parents, Fuller House star Lori Loughlin and fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, paid $500,000 in bribes to get her and her sister into USC. They are now both serving prison sentences after pleading guilty to multiple charges of fraud. Here’s five things you should know about Olivia:
1. She’s a well-known beauty vlogger with nearly 2 million subscribers. Olivia has a massively popular YouTube channel that only lost a minuscule amount of subscribers amidst the College Admissions scandal. The keen vlogger posted her first video in August 2014. Just one month before her parents were named in the case, Olivia tweeted about being a social media influencer, writing, “YouTube will always be my #1 passion. I promise I’d way rather be filming 24/7 than sitting in 6 hours of classes straight but an education is also super important to me so thank u for ur patience and letting me figure out time management.”
2. In August 2018 she faced backlash for saying she only wanted to go to college for the parties. During a Q&A Olivia told her viewers, “I don’t know how much of school I’m gonna attend but I’m gonna go in and talk to my deans and everyone, and [I] hope that I can try and balance it all. But I do want the experience of like game days, partying… I don’t really care about school, as you guys all know.” Two days later, Olivia posted a video to apologize. “I didn’t mean it that way,” she said. “I’m sorry for anyone I offended by saying that. I know it’s a privilege and a blessing [to attend college] and I’m really grateful.”
3. She’s dating Jackson Guthy. Olivia and the musician, 24, began dating in early 2019. The pair briefly split in May of that year as her parents’ scandal heated up, but reconciled less than three months later. He posted a photo of himself kissing the YouTube star on Instagram! Unfortunately, Jackson was arrested in September 2020 for allegedly driving under the influence in Los Angeles. He was cited with a misdemeanor DUI and released the same day.
4. She opened up about the college admissions scandal for the first time on Red Table Talk. While Olivia apologized in a 2018 video on her YouTube channel, a December 2020 appearance on Jada Pinkett Smith‘s Facebook Watch show was the first time she spoke about her parents’ prison sentences in depth. Olivia recalled the moment she found out her mom had been arrested, telling the ladies that she felt “ashamed” to show her face in public. “I went home and hid myself for probably like three or four months,” she said. She also divulged that she hadn’t spoken to either parent since they entered prison (Lori on October 30 and Mossimo on November 19).
5. She is no longer attending USC. Olivia confirmed on Red Table Talk that she and her older sister, Isabella Gianulli, are not enrolled at USC. She made the decision to drop out in the middle of her second semester of freshman year, when the scandal broke. “I mean, I wasn’t supposed to be there in the first place,” she said. She is currently focused on vlogging.