Demi Lovato: I've Gained 30 Pounds Since Rehab — Who Cares?

Fri, September 23, 2011 3:49pm EDT by 62 Comments

Demi Lovato admitted in a recent interview she’s put on weight since getting treatment last winter, but it’s worth it since she’s in a happier and healthier place. Don’t you agree?

When Demi Lovato admitted herself into treatment in Chicago last year, she was skipping meals, purging when she ate and mutilating herself. Now, healthier and happier, the 19-year-old performer says she’s put on 30 pounds — but she’s embracing her new found curves and staying about from the small screen.

“I just felt that being on camera for my first job wasn’t the smartest decision,” Demi told Amy Kaufman of the LA Times during a recent interview about her new album, Unbroken. “On TV, you have wardrobe fittings, you have four cameras on you at all times, and you’re worried about your angles and your lighting and your shots.”

When Demi was struggling with her eating disorder, she’d become a master at skipping meals…and no one noticed.

“I had learned how to control and manipulate everyone around me into believing that I was OK,” she explained. “I’d go to work on my TV show and, instead of getting lunch, I would go get my nails done or go tan or nap or something…No one was grilling me.”

Now things have changed in Demi’s life. She said in her interview she checks in with an adult after every meal to ensure her nutrition is on track, which has led to her gaining weight.

We think Demi’s curves fit her perfectly. She’s an inspiration to girls and women everywhere, who look to Hollywood stars to set standards of beauty. Keep up the great work, Demi! You’re an inspiration!

More Demi!

1. Is Joe Jonas Apologizing To Demi Lovato In His New Song, ‘I’m Sorry’?
  2. Demi Lovato Steals Something From The Kardashians For Her Music Video Shoot!
  3. Wilmer Valderrama Confirms He’s Single. Demi Lovato Is Officially Back On The Market!

rosy

Posted at 10:43 PM on November 16, 2011

who cares if she gained weight? she got out of REHAB. that’s whats important. she hated and abused herself, and right when she’s better you have to cut her down? she’s gorgeous. shut up.

Styx

Posted at 12:55 AM on November 15, 2011

The pic on the left looks like a sickly child, and on the right, a sexy confident, beautiful woman. Her weight gain is not that noticeable, but the mental transformation is very obvious! Good for you girl!

chloe

Posted at 10:33 AM on October 15, 2011

shes not fat she is beutiful i love her the way she is she is amazing <3

I

Posted at 8:52 PM on October 11, 2011

OH YEA AND I FOR GOT 1 THING I WANT UR BELLY BIGGGER SO I CAN RUB IT AND I WANT THE BUTTENS TO FLY OFF YOUR SHIRT AND BUST OFF UR PANTS OH YEA AND AAAH ANOTHER THING JOIN AS MANY EATING CONTEST AS U CAN!!!!!!! JOIN A HOTDOG EATING CONTEST AND EAT 18,000 HOT DOGS OOOOH YEA

ii

Posted at 3:15 PM on October 16, 2011

what da

tomyjia

Posted at 7:25 PM on October 17, 2011

thats sssssssssssssoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i

Posted at 8:47 PM on October 11, 2011

Man I wish demi would eat and eat and eat and when she gets full eat some more she is sooooo HOT GO GO DEMI JOIN A PIE EATING CONTEST AND EAT 18,000 PIES I WANT UR BELLY TO BE SOOOO BIG

Zoee

Posted at 9:27 AM on September 24, 2011

She’s freakin’ beautiful now. ‘m losing weight to get healthier and more toned, and I would LOVE to have a body like Demi’s. She’s so curvy, filled out and just plain gorgeous. Have you SEEN her butt? WOW.

The Voice of Reason

Posted at 2:51 AM on September 24, 2011

She still works out, so its not like shes gaining by just sitting around eating potato chips. lol

common

Posted at 12:37 AM on September 24, 2011

she looks better now with curves, she looks more mature. but i hope people understand there’s a difference between eating whatever you want and gaining weight and gaining weight by eating right and being healthy.

Happy

Posted at 12:17 AM on September 24, 2011

She looks healthy and gorgeous <3 I'm so proud of her. Love her new Album " Unbroken " is AMAZING ! :D Keep the good work up DEMI :)

Olympic Fan

Posted at 11:36 PM on September 23, 2011

MARY LOU RETTON IS STILL THE PERFECT ROLE MODEL IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

Melanie

Posted at 10:11 PM on September 23, 2011

I think she looks even more beautiful. I like curves better than bony-hips.

Me

Posted at 9:34 PM on September 23, 2011

woahh, look at the difference…. :O

CharlinexoxoJB

Posted at 7:31 PM on September 23, 2011

She is beautiful inside and out!

MusciLover

Posted at 7:05 PM on September 23, 2011

Demi looks gorgeous I hate people calling her fat because she isn’t. She has curves and clearly looks amazing. Yes she has gained weight but she looks amazing and better that she as gained more weight. I’m happy that she isn’t the stereotypical hollywood model stick thin girl. It’s good that she is healthy and not stick thin. I’m so proud of her. She looks amazing. Nothing anyone says will change that she looks beautiful. She’s hot, beautiful, and has amazing curves. I would love to have her curves…I’m naturally skinny and wish I had curves. Demi looks amazing. She’s defiantly beautiful, hot, gorgeous…you name it.

The Voice of Reason

Posted at 6:49 PM on September 23, 2011

She looks better now than she ever has in the past…

Tommy

Posted at 6:21 PM on September 23, 2011

She looks perfect, obviously she needed to gain 30lbs!

Ron

Posted at 5:49 PM on September 23, 2011

She looks hot either way just like Selena and Britney

jose s.

Posted at 5:49 PM on September 23, 2011

she looks better skinnier. my friend is OBSESSED with her. she actually thinks she looks just like her, so in denial. so i hear about demi on a daily basis and beautiful voice, great new album, but she could tone up a bit.

Urmom

Posted at 9:22 PM on September 23, 2011

That girl’s not fat, you’re just a d-bag with a low self esteem. You couldn’t get a girl like that if she gained 200lbs so go back to playing angry birds in ur moms basement and stfu..

disco

Posted at 5:48 PM on September 23, 2011

30 lbs is alot
she hides it with spanx.

Katie

Posted at 9:21 AM on September 24, 2011

Lot’s of people wear spanx under their dresses. Like Taylor Swift and she’s about as slim as they come.

SelenaFan1

Posted at 5:13 PM on September 23, 2011

I think she looks great!! And why are they saying she gained weight?? Do they know the reason behind it, we all do it was because she was starving herself. And now that she is eating right and often its a prob! No, I think she looks fine cuz that means she was XTREMELY TINY if she gained 30 lbs and still has a flat tummy and she not all jiggly cu lord knows i wuld have jelly all ova the place!! HAHA Either ways i think she looks great and is prob one of the best Singers from Disney and that young :D and she has curves in all the right places (im a girl and frankly im jealous) lolx jk

niamh

Posted at 5:13 PM on September 23, 2011

demi.. you are an insperation to many girls.. and some boys out there who have body issues.. you inspire me. love you.. you are gorgeous:) better than ever in fact!

ddlovatofan

Posted at 4:18 PM on September 23, 2011

I don’t understand. :/ In my otion she’s one of the hottest stars in Hollywood.
But she’s isnt model.she’s singer, and she is VERX good in that.

c

Posted at 5:07 PM on September 23, 2011

agree – she feels great and it shows – i think she looks better now than she ever has

jessica

Posted at 4:12 PM on September 23, 2011

i think that she looks absolutly gorgeous you can tell that she fells great with her new body.

Luísa

Posted at 4:11 PM on September 23, 2011

Come on guys. Demi is a singer, her job is making music, not being a model. And, in my opinion she’s looking absolutely hot. And even if she was fat, what’s the problem? People keep thinking celebrities needs to be ‘perfect’. Wanna know more? The real talent of an artist comes from the heart, from the mind, from the voice, not from the body. Demi IS hot.

mano

Posted at 12:49 PM on November 10, 2011

i do agreee

cara

Posted at 3:56 PM on September 23, 2011

wow 30lbs?! she looks fantastic.. i wish i could gain 30lbs and look like that!

mano

Posted at 12:46 PM on November 10, 2011

dimi why did you get off so random but in this way i dont care you still an angel
you are beutiful the way you are