Demi Lovato: I've Gained 30 Pounds Since Rehab — Who Cares?

Fri, September 23, 2011 3:49pm EDT by 60 Comments

Demi Lovato admitted in a recent interview she’s put on weight since getting treatment last winter, but it’s worth it since she’s in a happier and healthier place. Don’t you agree?

When Demi Lovato admitted herself into treatment in Chicago last year, she was skipping meals, purging when she ate and mutilating herself. Now, healthier and happier, the 19-year-old performer says she’s put on 30 pounds — but she’s embracing her new found curves and staying about from the small screen.

“I just felt that being on camera for my first job wasn’t the smartest decision,” Demi told Amy Kaufman of the LA Times during a recent interview about her new album, Unbroken. “On TV, you have wardrobe fittings, you have four cameras on you at all times, and you’re worried about your angles and your lighting and your shots.”

When Demi was struggling with her eating disorder, she’d become a master at skipping meals…and no one noticed.

“I had learned how to control and manipulate everyone around me into believing that I was OK,” she explained. “I’d go to work on my TV show and, instead of getting lunch, I would go get my nails done or go tan or nap or something…No one was grilling me.”

Now things have changed in Demi’s life. She said in her interview she checks in with an adult after every meal to ensure her nutrition is on track, which has led to her gaining weight.

We think Demi’s curves fit her perfectly. She’s an inspiration to girls and women everywhere, who look to Hollywood stars to set standards of beauty. Keep up the great work, Demi! You’re an inspiration!

More Demi!

1. Is Joe Jonas Apologizing To Demi Lovato In His New Song, ‘I’m Sorry’?
  2. Demi Lovato Steals Something From The Kardashians For Her Music Video Shoot!
  3. Wilmer Valderrama Confirms He’s Single. Demi Lovato Is Officially Back On The Market!

JW

Posted at 6:53 PM on September 20, 2013

She like hell on X Factor!

JW

Posted at 6:54 PM on September 20, 2013

Looks like that is.

Ana

Posted at 12:26 AM on November 7, 2012

It’s so hard to believe she had an eating disorder…I mean, she looked so healthy even before!
And It doesn’t even look like she gained a whole lot of weight, she prolly just gained muscle :]
I love her! <3

Dylan

Posted at 12:18 PM on October 24, 2012

Demi Lovato is a beautiful woman in every possible way. Who gives a crap if she gained 30 pounds?!? Demi is even more gorgeous now than ever before! She is a great role model for all types of people, both for her mental resolve and her self-confidence. I (a 26 year old straight male) have drawn strength from Ms. Lovato, helping me through a tough time (about the same time she was in rehab), helping me to ‘stay strong” myself. All of the haters should really focus their attention elsewhere, toward someone or something that merits their ire. Demi Lovato most certainly deserves nothing but the best.

Danny

Posted at 5:29 AM on October 12, 2012

I think it’s better to be curvy but not very curvy!Now when I see Demi on magazines and Tv I think she is a bit fat…:/

baker tepes

Posted at 9:26 PM on October 28, 2012

calling a person recovering from an eating disorder “a bit fat” is definitely not the best idea. Especially if they’re not.

meme

Posted at 12:14 AM on December 25, 2012

u wish demi isnt fat

Rachel

Posted at 7:47 AM on August 28, 2012

She has been an inspiration to me and a lot of other young girls dealing with these kinds of issues. I just noticed something about the picture though. Look at Demi on the left, she doesn’t look very happy and she’s practically hiding. When she’s on the right, which is after treatment, she looks happy, healthy, proud, and beautiful!! Demi Lovato is such an amazing person inside and out! <3

Jjkj

Posted at 6:33 PM on August 5, 2012

She’s very pretty .

Morgan

Posted at 7:45 AM on June 17, 2012

Way to go,
don’t lestin to the people who try to get u down,
u look great no matter wut,
good job keep it up. :)

Ckitty

Posted at 9:20 PM on May 26, 2012

She looks stunning.

lol

Posted at 9:15 PM on May 24, 2012

I think she is a great inspiration to teenagers because she struggled with problems that normal teenagers go through and beated them.Shes an awesome person

kyliegh

Posted at 3:47 PM on April 24, 2012

She is so beautiful the way she is. I think she looks better than ever! She has had her struggles, faced them and beat them. She is such an inspiration. I’ve always loved her and admired her, but even more so now.

Fatma

Posted at 3:47 PM on April 24, 2012

Demi you are pretty whatever you are you are good girl inside your Harte not your body but it’s still good you body and you are the wanderfull girl I see it in my life I love you I’ll be your said whatever you are I love you so much my name Fatma from Kuwait

Squishii

Posted at 4:14 AM on April 12, 2012

I’m not a big fan of demi but she looks amazing. When I first seen her with her weight gain I thought she was beautiful and brave. She encourages me to love myself at all times.

Poetry

Posted at 11:48 AM on April 6, 2012

I used to be suggested this web site by means of my cousin. I am not positive whether or not this submit is written by him as nobody else recognise such distinct approximately my trouble. You’re wonderful! Thank you!

kate

Posted at 1:25 AM on March 8, 2012

i love you Demi, no matter what happens to you. me and your fans will always support you, we will always be here by your side.. i love you demi i’m your biggest fan!!! <3 <3 <3

sam

Posted at 4:30 PM on March 6, 2012

i’m not a big fan of demi, but i am very proud of her. she’s a good person

Emily

Posted at 7:51 PM on March 3, 2012

Demi, you are an amazing person. You truly inspired me to better myself. I hope you continue with the great progress you look amazing.;)<3

Rabia

Posted at 11:51 PM on March 2, 2012

Hey Demi so glad you are healthy now stay with it! You are very pretty and brilliant I love your songs!<3

Marissah Marvilah

Posted at 9:54 PM on March 2, 2012

Demi your new body is brilliant!! I am proud that you are happy with yourself. Stay true and don’t lay anyone hurt you or make you feel unhappy!! :)

Sarah

Posted at 11:41 PM on January 24, 2012

She looks healthier now, more real and less… like the rest of those Disney stars (Raven Simone excluded) who think that they need to be skinny.

Jonah perce

Posted at 9:57 PM on March 2, 2012

Uhh yeah “Sarah” not ALL Disney stars are super skinny. Demi made the change cuz of rehab. So get ur facts right. Demi I’m proud. :)

cynthia

Posted at 11:56 AM on March 7, 2012

umm, have you not seen raven recently? shes super skinny! nothing like she was when she was in disney. she looks great, but shes always been beautiful

mellisa Bergeron

Posted at 12:19 PM on January 7, 2012

I believe tht she looks great and I hope she ant worried bout wat ppl say r think cause ant nobody perfect but I say wat ever she is doing keep doing she’s a wonderful an beautiful person ..

Paloma

Posted at 6:57 PM on January 5, 2012

Demi is such an inspiration! She should have never felt ashamed of her body, every person is unique and beautiful in their own way. Demi, to be truthful, you look more pretty than a shapeless, scary, skinny person. GO DEMI! KEEP BEING YOURSELF!!!

judy hanley

Posted at 7:42 PM on January 2, 2012

you were awesome on Jingle Bell 2011.

Lauren

Posted at 7:01 PM on December 10, 2011

She looks more beautiful now than she did before and you can really tell from the inside out in her eyes that she’s healthy and happier!