Is Joe Jonas Apologizing To Demi Lovato In His New Song, 'I'm Sorry'?

Thu, June 16, 2011 8:56pm EDT by 154 Comments

Joe Jonas says his new song, “I’m Sorry,” is about one of his relationships. Is he finally apologizing to Demi Lovato, or is it an ode to one of his other celebrity girlfriends?

We all know Joe Jonas isn’t exactly going to win the “Best Boyfriend” award. From Taylor Swift to Ashley Greene, Joe has famously fallen out of love just as quickly as he falls in. The notorious play boy says he’s about to apologize to one of his sweethearts in his new song, “I’m Sorry” — but will it be about the one girl he hurt the most?

“‘I’m Sorry’ is really honest,” Joe, 21, told E! Online’s Marc Malkin June 16. “It’s saying, I screwed up. I didn’t cheat on the person, but just I messed up and I wanted the person back. I’m just putting it all on the table saying, ‘I’m sorry. I wish I could have you back.'”

Joe dramatically dumped his girlfriend, former best friend and co-star, Demi Lovato, last year, only to join her on tour months later and bring along his new girlfriend, Ashley Greene. Demi, 18, subsequently, suffered from a breakdown, quit the tour and shipped off to treatment in Chicago for “emotional and physical issues.” Although Joe didn’t technically do anything wrong, it’s widely presumed he played some role in Demi’s problems.

“Those kind of songs are really hard because you know that person is going to hear it,” he said. “[But] I’ve never really reached out to somebody about a song. I feel every artist is entitled to write honestly. So I’ve never reached out to them unless they reached out to me.”

Out of all the girls he’s dated, I think Joe owes Demi an apology most. She was more than just a random girl he dated — she was a family friend, a co-worker and most importantly, she considered him one of her best friends. Even if he didn’t actually cheat on her with Ashley, he disrespected her by flaunting his new girlfriend in Demi’s face while they were on tour. It was insensitive and rude!

Hopefully we’ll hear “I’m Sorry” soon — but regardless, it will be on Joe’s first solo album, which is set to drop Sept. 6. Are YOU excited to hear it?

Read More About Joe Jonas!

1. Joes’ First Solo Single ‘See No More’! Is It About Ex-Girlfriend Ashley Greene?
  2. Producer Brian Kennedy Reveals An Exclusive Look Of Joe Jonas In The Studio!
  3. Joe Jonas’ New Older Woman — Now He’s Chasing After Olivia Munn!

Sarah

Posted at 3:25 AM on June 10, 2013

If you listen to his commentary about the song on Spotify and gather all the pieces together, it’s obvious that it’s about her.

cierra

Posted at 9:55 PM on June 3, 2012

omg demi didn;t go into rehab because joe got a new girlfriend and she was there with him on tour. it was because she had cut herself and she went through emotional breakdowns are she hit one of her friends in the face so her and her parents deicded to put her into rehab!!!

lovebug

Posted at 8:00 AM on May 4, 2012

I know it’s for Demi, though I’m not sure, I just felt like it’s really for her.

Joe just tell us already!!!

lavan

Posted at 6:52 AM on June 22, 2012

Joe IS TALK ABOUT ME BCUZ I LOVE HIM <3<3<3

annie

Posted at 4:05 PM on June 23, 2012

TRUE DAT! JUST IN LOVE IS ABOUT ME ;)

bernice

Posted at 5:40 PM on November 7, 2013

shut up girl

Jane

Posted at 9:40 PM on May 2, 2012

First of all, if the song was for Taylor why would he sing about it now? It is obviously for Demi. If it was about Taylor, why wait that long to share with the world. He wrote and sang the song publicly right after the Demi break up. Secondly, how stupid can you be to think otherwise. I mean I respect your opinion and it is really none of my business. But Joe and Demi are two very good people. It doesn’t matter, whoever he wrote it for, you should forgive him.

josephine

Posted at 9:15 PM on April 2, 2012

Joe just tell us already!

Lily

Posted at 6:13 AM on March 15, 2012

I think what he did to his little brother is just as terrible. Demi wasn’t just a friend of him, or a co worker, she was a friend of the hole family and Nick’s best friend. Because of him they never talk anymore either.

essie

Posted at 4:56 AM on August 4, 2012

you’re so right. it’s a song apologizing to Nick. Nick means more to Joe than any girl ever has.

Becky l

Posted at 4:30 AM on March 7, 2012

I think it is about demi they had there differences but always find their way back i belive they were just meant to be.. ^_^

Rudy

Posted at 9:39 PM on March 6, 2012

I think Joe is talking about Demi, because it’s been hard what she went thru and is still living thru. Stay Strong Demi, We Love You!!

Nicole

Posted at 1:18 AM on February 22, 2012

It has to be about Demi for sure. After all she’s went through.. and going through the break up too… no doubt it’s Demi and I mean Why would Joe suddenly produce or write this song for Taylor? Demi for sure.

jdforever

Posted at 3:34 AM on February 1, 2012

Really look at the lyrics and lisson to it and you will see that the song is for Demi from beginning to end.

crystal waters

Posted at 4:17 PM on January 17, 2012

i think that the song is about demi like seriously he did break her heart and they are so made for each other it’s totally about demi but i don’t know for sure

meray

Posted at 9:21 AM on December 6, 2011

he was just serious about her compared with his other gf z so it should be taylor

kimbathlion

Posted at 11:35 AM on November 27, 2011

you all are idiots! before joe even sing “much better” for taylor, she told everyone he broke his heart and blah blah and made her fans enemy to joe, so she deserved it, but then joe said he didnt call taylor to breakup with her, she just dissconnected the phone call , who you are believe? everytime taylor swift get a new b.f , after their breakup she tells people that the guy broke her heart (except for that stupid lautner,although i think she just wanted to make a change ha!)
so, now everyone knows “last kiss” was also about joe and she still loves him,
and according to the news joe wants her back to.his “just in love” was about taylor, and i believe “sorry” is an appology to taylor, ’cause he says “I didn’t cheat on the person, but just I messed up and I wanted the person back”
. do you remember the stupid rumor ” joe cheated on taylor by camilla belle” ??? so i really think its about taylor and they both want eachother back

efyjdwiekid