Our Favorite Shaving Gel Cream Worth Considering in 2022
Cremo Shave Cream – Unscented — Best Overall
While Cremo’s Shave Cream formula may be marketed as mainly a men’s facial product, it might actually behoove women to use as well due to its sensitive nature and unique, foam-free formulation. This barber-grade cream has a rich, concentrated formula that is full of ultra-slick molecules so that almost any blade can glide effortlessly over the skin, giving you a close, comfortable shave every time. In addition, this formula is unscented with additional ingredients to help prevent razor bumps, blemishes and ingrown hairs, making it optimal for even your most sensitive of areas.
- As this is a highly concentrated formula, one tube can outlast numerous cans of shave gel
- If you prefer shaving creams that lather, another option might be better
Vanicream Shave Cream — Runner Up
Vanicream’s Shave Cream is a non-lathering formula that has been specially developed for sensitive skin types and those who prefer to avoid common chemical irritants. This cream provides a smooth, close and comfortable shave by creating a protective barrier between the razor and your skin all the while protecting against razor burn, nicks, and cuts.
- A little goes a long way
- While there is no added fragrance, if you are sensitive to natural scents, you may want to try another option
Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel — Honorable Mention
If you are prone to razor bumps, then Aveeno’s Therapeutic Shave Gel might be a great option. This rich shave gel helps to hydrate and protect skin during shaving with their added oatmeal and vitamin E while moisturizing lubricants ensure a close, smooth shave. When you are done shaving you can expect more hydrated and soothed skin with less irritation, nicks, and cuts. This shave gel has no added fragrance and won’t clog your pores.
- Aveeno uses colloidal oatmeal in most of its products which is a skin protectant active ingredient and will help prevent and protect dry skin
- This is not a high-lathering shave cream
Gillette Satin Care Dry Skin Shave Gel — Contender
One of the drugstore mainstays, Gillette is known for its grooming and especially shaving products. Their Satin Care Shave Gel is designed specifically for dry skin with a specially created formula that includes glycerin which helps the skin to attract and retain its own natural moisture, leaving it softer and smoother. When lathered onto the skin, this gel provides an amazing glide and when partnered with a sharp razor, gives you the ultimate in protection from nicks and cuts.
- This is a rust-free can that will not leave any dirty rings around your bathing area
- The cover may be hard to remove when wet
Cremo Moisturizing Shave Cream- Coconut Mango-2-Pack — Also Consider
Another great option from the unique Cremo Shave line is their Moisturizing Cream in Coconut Mango. This moisturizing version has the same superior shaving formula as the unscented option above, except is packed with nourishing aloe, calendula and papaya extract that will leave your skin soft and smooth. Ideal for sensitive skin types, this cream has other natural ingredients including macadamia seed oil, lemon and olive leaf extracts that will also help fight razor burn and irritation.
- The moisturizing cream is tropically scented with soothing and uplifting coconut mango
- It is important to follow directions when using to ensure the most comfortable shave
Skintimate Signature Scents Moisturizing Shave Gel — Editor's Pick
Skintimate’s Signature Scents Shave Gel contains six moisturizers to help replenish and protect for a close, comfortable shave. Moisturizers including vitamin E and olive butter keep your skin hydrated, not dry and irritated, after shaving while its fresh Raspberry Rain fragrance provides a refreshing scent. This formula foams into a rich, creamy lather which helps the razor glide easily over skin, allowing you to get the most comfortable shave.
- For its pricepoint, it’s an effective option, and it won’t dry out your hair
- If you suffer from severe dandruff, you may want to spring for a different option
Tree Hut Bare Moisturizing Shave Oil — Another Option
The Shave Oil by Tree Nut is another shaving formula option that will provide you with a smooth and comfortable shave. Tree Hut’s Oil is infused with 100% pure and organic shea butter which acts as a deep moisturizer to soften and smooth dry, cracked skin. In addition to shea butter, it has a blend of natural oils and skin conditioners to provide additional hydration and make shaving easy and comfortable.
- This is a paraben and chemical-free formula
- Be careful when using an oil-based product in a shower or tub area