The Top Razor Blade Refill Compared
Harry's Razor Blade Refills — Best Overall
Topping this list is this razor blade refill from Harry's. Let's start off with the amazing box these blades come in. Its plastic construction is recyclable, waterproof, and extremely durable. Housed inside are eight super sharp blades. These blades boast a precision trimmer, which allows you to shave off hard-to-reach spots.
To enhance your shaving experience, this pick also has a flexible hinge that adjusts as you shave. The lubricating strip further boosts the comfort aspect by keeping your cheeks moisturized and easy to glide on. While there's a lot to like about this option, it is definitely its durability that has earned Harry's Razor Blade Refills the number one spot on this list.
- Extremely long-lasting blades
- Sharp edges with a precision trimmer for a cleaner shave
- A high-quality box for storing the refills
- The flexible head can sometimes leave a nick
Gillette Razor Blade Refills — Best for Sensitive Skin
If you own a Mach 3 razor from Gillette, this blade refill is a must-have. Each of the 15 cartridges you get can last you 15 shaves. Simply rinse the blade down once you're done. This washing is further made easy by the blade's open design, which effortlessly lets through the water. Customers particularly appreciate just how great this pick is for sensitive skins. Bye-bye bumps and red marks!
As far as enhancing your shaving experience goes, these cartridges boast micro-fins at the bottom. These bad boys open up your skin and kind of prep it up for the blade that'll soon glide through it. Speaking of gliding, this option also has a moisturizing strip that lubricates your cheeks for an easy shave.
- Leaves no red marks or bumps on sensitive skins
- Extremely effortless to clean
- Micro-fins and lubrication strips enhance and smoothen the shaving experience
- Expensive but well worth it
Intuition Razor Blade Refills — Best for Beginners
You can get the Intuition Razor Blade Refills in four styles that range from nourishing and sensitive skin to advanced moisture and lemon breeze. Regardless of the option you go for, you'll get a pack of six cartridges.
Each cartridge is loaded with four sharp blades and an aloe vera bar. This organic aloe-made bar helps nourish your skin and gives it a soft touch after each shave. It also helps lubricate your skin, so you don't need to apply any shaving cream.
- The cartridge's head moves as you shave for ergonomics
- The aloe vera bar helps moisturize your skin during the shave
- The aloe bar could be bigger
Joy Razor Blade Refills — Best Value
These razor blade refills from Joy come in a pack of eight cartridges. Each refill boasts five blades for a superior and closer shave. Below these five blades is a lubrication strip that not only smoothens the shave experience but also helps avoid irritation. This lubrication also prevents unnecessary nicks and red marks. The highlight of this pick is definitely the superior value it delivers.
- A phenomenal price to performance ratio
- The blades are sharp enough to provide a close shave
- The lubricating strip helps the blade glide through with ease and prevents razor burn
- Blades could last longer
Solimo Razor Blade Refills — Best Overall
Solimo does things a bit differently by offering not one but two lubricating strips on these blade refills. Each strip is loaded up with Vitamin E goodness. This not only nourishes your skin but also provides lubrication and smooth gliding for your razor blade.
This pick boasts five extra sharp blades for a cleaner shave. The shaving experience is further enhanced thanks to its precision edge for getting hard-to-reach areas on your face.
- Blades have an anti-clog design for a seamless shave
- The lubricating strip helps nourish your skin and keep it soft
- The refills could be more long-lasting