Larry David, 73, has married Ashley Underwood! The Curb Your Enthusiasm actor tied the knot with the blonde in Southern California on Wednesday, Oct. 7, People magazine reports. The happy news comes after the pair moved in together in 2019. HollywoodLife has reached out to representatives for comment about the marriage, but in the meantime, here’s five things to know about Ashley.
1. Ashley and Larry met through friends.The couple were introduced by Sacha Baron Cohen, 48, and his wife Isla Fisher, 44, in 2017 at Sacha’s birthday party. “We were seated next to each other, I think with that in mind,” Larry later confessed to the New York Times. “Much to her surprise I left before dessert. I was doing so well, banter-wise, I didn’t want to risk staying too long and blowing the good impression,” he added. Sacha and Ashley worked together on Showtime series Who Is America? while Isla also appeared on Curb Your Enthusiasm.
2. She’s Larry’s second wife. Larry was previously married to Laurie David, 62, from 1993 – 2007. The comedian and environmental activist welcomed two daughters over their 14 year marriage, Cazzie, 26, and Romy, 24. “Millions of people are married. I’ve never picked up a paper and seen a headline that says, ‘Man Gets Married’…after the divorce, I went home and turned all the lights on!” he later quipped of his split.
3. Ashley moved in with Larry in 2019. The actor revealed that he and Ashley had moved into his Pacific Palisades home in 2019 to GQ. During the COVID-19 quarantine, David’s daughter Cazzie also joined the couple. “There’s not a moment in the day when there isn’t friction between at least two of us,” David said to NYT. “Then when that gets resolved, two others are at each other’s throats and it’s invariably about dishes. ‘You didn’t do the dishes!’ Or ‘You didn’t help with the dishes!’ I think that is being screamed all over the world now…Another issue is the business of one of us starting a show and not waiting for the other. Huge problem! You at least have to ask. Ashley does not ask. She starts and then it’s impossible to catch up. And I’ll catch her. I’ll walk into the room, and she’ll instantly click off the TV,” he hilariously added.
4. She’s a television producer. She works as a television producer on various films and shows, including Sacha Baron Cohen’s Who Is America? where she’s credited as a field producer on iMDB.
5. They love pets. The couple share two pets, including her cat Elwood, and an Australian shepherd puppy named for Bernie Sanders. Larry and Bernie are distant cousins, which the comedian has previously talked about. Larry is also beloved for his impersonation of Bernie on Saturday Night Live.