After nearly 40 years, Etan Patz, who was kidnapped & murdered back in 1979, has finally received justice! Pedro Hernandez was officially declared guilty of killing the 6-year-old boy, with the jury declaring a verdict on Feb. 14. Even crazier, Pedro actually confessed to the murder — revealing terrifying details!
So sad. A judge declared a mistrial in the trial of Pedro Hernandez, a deli worker who’s accused of killing Etan Patz, 6, and stuffing him in a box in NYC in 1979. The judge made his shocking decision after the jury said they were deadlocked.
After three weeks of deliberations, a judge declared a mistrial in the case against Pedro Hernandez, the man accused of killing 6-year-old Etan Patz and stuffing him in a box in 1979. The judge announced his decision, despite Pedro’s confession, after the jury said they were deadlocked for the third time — just one juror was unconvinced that Pedro is guilty.
Pedro Hernandez appeared in court on Dec. 12 for the murder of Etaz, 6, who vanished from his SoHo neighborhood in 1979. Although he confessed to the crime a few months ago, Pedro’s lawyers claim he was insane and thus not guilty at the time of the confession — but the shocking details were released in court.
Etan Patz disappeared from his SoHo neighborhood in New York City in 1979, and his family had been on a desperate search ever since — until May 24 when Pedro Hernandez was arrested and confessed to killing the little boy. Now, Pedro is facing a judge in court — but pleading not guilty to the heinous crime.
On the 33rd anniversary of six-year-old Etan Patz kidnapping in NYC, a man was charged with second-degree murder. Now Etan’s family can finally be at ease.
It’s been a long road, but the mystery of Etan Patz‘s disappearance and murder can finally be closed. After confessing to the police he committed the crime, Pedro Hernandez was charged May 25 with second-degree murder.
Pedra Hernandez confessed to being guilty for kidnapping and murdering six-year-old Etan Patz 33 years ago and is now behind bars. The case can finally be laid to rest.
Almost 33 years to the day he was brutally murdered and disposed of, Etan Patz will finally have the justice he deserves. Pedro Hernandez, 51, was arrested on charges of second-degree murder May 24, after confessing to the unspeakable crime.
Suspect makes shocking statement – claims he lured 6-year-old Etan Patz with candy, stabbed him and cut up his body. Will there finally be justice for little Etan?
The family of Etan Patz may be one step closer to justice.
The 33-year search for missing Etan Patz ends with no substantial evidence found in the NYC basement. His disappearance remains unsolved!
Etan Patz disappeared on May 25, 1979 at the age of six and has never been found, but 33 years later, new evidence tipped off the authorities to re-open the case. Sadly, after police dug up a basement in New York City’s SoHo neighborhood, little evidence came from the search. The Patz family was informed that nothing significant was found on April 22 — no human remains or any other evidence was recovered from the basement on Prince Street, ABC News reports.
Police are searching a SoHo basement for the body of Etan Patz, the first missing child to have his picture printed on milk cartons, after a cadaver dog picked up the scent of human remains on the property.
A cadaver dog led police to the home of Othniel Miller, 75, on April 19, where they are searching for the body of a boy who disappeared in 1979.
Etan was the first child to have his picture on the side of a milk carton and his body was never found, but FBI got a tip off April 19 — almost 33 years later!
Etan Patz was six years old when he went missing on May 25, 1979. He was last seen leaving his 133 Prince Street home in New York for school at 8 a.m., and although the case remains unsolved, the FBI just got new evidence to re-open it!