Okay, you guys, One Direction’s new album ‘Made In The A.M.’ is totally FULL of Taylor Swift references! We’ve rounded up all the record’s lyrics that seem to be inspired by Harry Styles’ ex in one place, and the similarities to Tay’s ‘1989’ are pretty crazy. Check it out here!
Is Harry Styles still pining for Taylor Swift!? The amount of lyrics on One Direction’s new album that seem to allude to the short-lived romance is pretty shocking — practically every single song has some sort of reference that the 25-year-old made on her own record, 1989, which is mostly about Harry. Read them all here!
1. “Hey Angel”: There’s one word repeated over and over in this song that Taylor also repeats on her album: “Wish.” In the chorus, 1D sings, “Oh, I wish I could be more like you, Do you wish you could be more like me, Oh I wish I could be more like you, Do you wish you could be more like me?” Hmmm…remember “I Wish You Would”? Every line of that chorus has the word “wish” in it also!
2. “Drag Me Down”: This song has been out for quite some time, but somehow we missed this resemblance to Taylor’s “Welcome To New York!” On 1989‘s opening track, she sings, “The lights are so bright but they never blind me,” and 1D sings, “All these lights, they can’t blind me,” on their first Made In The A.M. single.
3. “Perfect”: Well, we’ve already dissected this one down to every line, but the lyrics (sung by Harry himself), “And if you like cameras flashing every time we go out and if you’re looking for someone to write your breakup songs about,” is pretty much all we need to confirm this track tells the exact story of the Haylor romance. Oh, and if that wasn’t enough — 1D made “Perfect” the third track on their, which is exactly where “Style” falls on Taylor’s, and the similar-sounding songs are both the exact same length. WHAT!
4. “Infinity”: The guys sing “How many nights have you wished someone would stay?” on this track, and Taylor has an entire song, “All You Had To Do Was Stay,” about wishing a certain guy would’ve stuck around so they could give their relationship a real chance.
5. “End Of The Day”: Okay, seriously, did Harry and Taylor get together to write this song and her fan-loved “Out Of The Woods”? “Out Of The Woods” probably has more Harry references than any other on 1989, and “End Of The Day” tells a similar story. “I said it’s forever, 20 minutes later, ended up in the hospital” from “End Of The Day” matches perfectly with “20 stitches in the hospital room” from “Out Of The Woods,” and both songs reference the sun. Come on…
6. “Long Way Down”: The very first line of this one, “We made a fire, went down in flames,” can be compared to 1989‘s second single, “Blank Space,” in which Taylor sings, “So it’s gonna be forever, or it’s gonna go down in flames.”
7. “Never Enough”: A few Taylor references here — the singer croons about her “red lips” on more than one 1989 track, and “Never Enough” features the lyric, “Lips so good I forget my name.” 1D sings, “Wanna drive in the night to the end of the earth,” too, and Taylor mentions driving around together after midnight in “Style.”
8. “Olivia”: Okay, first off, Taylor has a cat named Olivia…so let’s just start right there. But also, how about these lyrics?: “Remember the day when we’ve given up, when you told me I didn’t give you enough,” and “I get the feeling you’re walking out.” Sounds just like the line “Remember when we couldn’t take the heat I walked out and said, ‘I’m seeing you free” from “Out Of The Woods”! Another line from this one, too: “This isn’t the stain of a red wine,” while “Clean” from 1989 features the lyrics, “You’re still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can’t wear anymore.”
9. “What A Feeling”: Another “Blank Space” reference here. Were Taylor sings, “You’re the King, baby I’m your queen,” 1D retaliates, “What a feeling to be a king beside you.” Also, in “Out Of The Woods,” Tay mentions moving the furniture to dance with her man, and “What A Feeling” has 1D singing, “I’m watching her dance.”
10. “Love You Goodbye”: Lips make another appearance in this song (“One more taste of your lips to bring me back”), and the guys also sing about spending one more night with the woman they love, even though they know it’s over — just like in “Out Of The Woods,” when Taylor reveals she spent the night with her man even after she told him she was “setting him free.”
11. “Wolves”: This one is just like the 25-year-old’s “I Know Places”! Both tell the desire to get away once the pressure of a scrutinized relationship gets to be too much, and both use some sort of hunting reference to make comparisons to the romance.
12. “History”: “All of the rumors, all of the fights, but always find a way to make it out, thought we were going strong, thought we were holding on,” the song’s lyrics read. Taylor and Harry’s entire relationship was full of rumors…and the romance ended after a blowout fight in Mexico. Plus, another mention of “hotel rooms” in this song, just like in “Perfect,” and we know Taylor and Harry spent a LOT of time in NYC hotels while they were dating.
13. “Temporary Fix”: This one also mentions the idea that Harry and Taylor were constantly being watched while they were dating (“There’s a million eyes, I don’t care if they’re watching”). Pretty self-explanatory!
HollywoodLifers, which reference to Taylor is your favorite?! Do you want Haylor to be a thing again?