Zoe Saldana’s 115 Pound Weight Revealed On ‘Allure’ Cover

Wed, May 15, 2013 12:11pm EDT by 9 Comments
Zoe Saldana Allure
Courtesy of Allure

On the June cover of ‘Allure,’ Zoe’s 115 lb. weight has been revealed and her body is on full display in the nude spread inside the magazine. Aiming for a completely natural look, Zoe removes her makeup and her clothes — do you think it’s crazy that her weight is on the cover?

The Star Trek Into Darkness star has stripped down for the June issue of Allure magazine and she is ready to reveal her body and her weight to readers everywhere. Zoe Saldana, 34, can be found in the spread posing in nothing but a gold cuff and remains all smiles while showing off her slim self — it’s amazing to see someone with so much confidence!

Zoe Saldana In ‘Allure’ — All Natural Hair and Makeup

The line on Zoe’s cover story reads “Zoe Saldana: 115 Pounds of Grit and Heartache.” The actress is 5’7″. Do you think the mag went too far by revealing her weight?

Being photographed in little to no clothing isn’t the only part of Zoe’s natural look — her hair and makeup follow the natural theme as well! Though usually pictured wearing her signature bright red lipstick, for Allure, Zoe sticks to bare lips and neutral eyeshadows and blushes to emphasize her natural look. Makeup artist James Kaliardos explains that they “tried to steer away from her classic red lips” for the purpose of portraying Zoe as an all-natural beauty.

To complete her look, James used gold, brown, and beige eyeshadows, peach blush and nude highlighters on her cheeks, and finally, a light coating of peachy pink lip gloss to maintain a soft and natural appearance.

For the finishing touch, hairstylist Garren stuck with Zoe’s naturally curly hair, which she admitted to preferring over her “usual salon-straightened strands.”

What do YOU think about the mag revealing her weight on the cover, HollywoodLifers? Tell us below.

WATCH: Zoe Saldana’s Cover Shoot

– Shannon O’Connor

More Zoe Saldana Beauty News:

1. Zoe Saldana’s Pretty Retro Beauty — Expert Spills Her Exact Look
  2. Zoe Saldana’s MTV Movie Awards Beachy Waves — Get Her Exact Look
  3. Zoe Saldana Tells ‘InStyle Hair’: I Want To Chop My Hair Off

LS

Posted at 2:09 PM on July 27, 2014

Zoe is thin, but not super lean, I’m 5 ft 7 and 105-107, around 13% body fat, an ectomoroph like Zoe, just leaner than she is. Plus, she’s African American, so she has a tendency to gain in the thighs and hips and butt when she stress eats, like after Bradley Cooper left her. She’s thin, but to all the people who are sqwaking she’s too thin………..maybe to you regular sized ladies, but to the super lean, lucky ectomorphs like myself…….she outweighs me by about 7 more pounds of unwanted fat. I like to see my small, delicate yet hard muscles, and that means keeping my body fat lower than Zoe.

red swallow

Posted at 9:05 PM on June 20, 2013

She’s one hot black lady ( I got jungle fever)

Katy

Posted at 1:56 AM on May 29, 2013

I do not think it was weird. People need to stop looking at all the charts for what is “normal” range; people are obsessed with being “normal”. BMI this, weight for your height that, fat % this…. dear god people, think for once instead of being obsessed with rules and charts. It isn’t that hard. This girl, just by looking at her, I can tell she is petite. Look at her bone frame. Obviously, for someone who has petite a frame as that, this weight is PERFECTLY normal for her. My fiance is 5’7″ and 120lbs and gets ridiculed for his weight ALL the time. People think he is weak, sickly, it goes on and on (he is neither of those things, he is stronger than me and I am way heavier). It makes me want to punch people. He is in no way underweight. His ribs aren’t popping out, his collar bones aren’t poking anyone in the eyes. His frame is extremely small and that weight is fine for him. Me on the other hand, I have a very huge frame. I was, at one time, obsessed with the stupid charts and tried to be the weight that the doctors said I “should” be. Know what happened? I looked like a dead body. All my bones were popping out and I had no shape. It was terrible. I looked decrepit. I then learned that these charts may work for some people, but definitely not for everyone. Just come to learn that everyone is different, in pretty much every aspect, and that will make you realize how dumb labeling and generalizing is.

Heather

Posted at 5:38 PM on May 16, 2013

Uuummm 115 at 5’7 puts her at a BMI of 18.0. That’s underweight.

GUEST

Posted at 1:07 PM on June 12, 2014

You are so uneducated, the BMI is antiquated, Google why.

mjsmalls

Posted at 8:52 AM on May 16, 2013

it’s amazing to see someone with so much confidence! – WTF Really?! Really? it’s amazing?! HAAAAAAAAA OMG this article is retarded!

katherine

Posted at 9:48 PM on May 15, 2013

ok she is 5’7 and weighs 115pds!! wtf! im 5’3 n i weigh tht much! n people think im skinny af! thts just weird!

Maris

Posted at 3:10 PM on May 15, 2013

Reblogged this on Black, Latina and Fabulous! and commented:
I love Zoe’s look here! I don’t mind Allure publishing her weight (even though to be an equivalent size at my height I’d need to be 105lbs-yikes!!), although I can see why some would object. What do you think of her look?

Twitter Cover

Posted at 5:09 AM on May 17, 2013

Hey any one please tell me how I can reduce weight as I don’t have time for the regular exercise.