Sister Wives Go On Attack & Meri Cries Over Janelle's Cruelty

Mon, June 25, 2012 4:18pm EDT by 101 Comments
Sister Wives Meri Brown Attacked

Wow! The gloves really came off in last night’s (June 24th) episode of ‘Sister Wives,’ just proving that one polygamist man cannot keep four women happy. It’s hard enough to keep one wife satisfied in a marriage, isn’t that true Hollywoodlifers?

Poor Meri Brown. She may be Kody Brown‘s first wife but she’s now revealed in vivid detail how she feels like wife # nothing because her fertility problems have rendered her unable to produce more than one child: her daughter Mariah.

Imagine how she felt as Kody took on wives number 2 and 3, who each rapidly produced six children a piece, all while she suffered from miscarriages and dashed hopes.

Furthermore, not only has she felt like a loser of a lesser wife because she has produced only one of polygamist Kody’s 17 children, but she has felt unworthy of having her own house that is similar in size and quality to the other wives’ houses.

Now, as the family is bravely taking on the financial commitment to buy and build four new homes on four Las Vegas lots on a quiet cul-de-sac so they can strengthen their “family culture” as Kody puts it, Meri has a traumatic time agreeing to support the decision that she will get her very own large house.

“The judgement I feel like I’ll get from many people including family members with that size of home, with only one child who will be leaving for college in a year…” she explains, reduced to tears. “It’s obvious I don’t need a home as big as everybody else’s,” she says.” I’ve had many conversations in the past that I don’t need this and shouldn’t be choosing that.”

In other words, Meri is saying that Kody’s other wives believe that she deserves less because she has produced less in the pitter-patter of little feet department.

And you can easily imagine how cutting this is for Meri who has been desperate to have another child or six. “If I’d had my say, I would have needed a seven bedroom home because I would have had eight kids myself, that’s what I wanted. But it’s not the cards I’ve been dealt. But there’s many times in my life I’ve felt punished because of that,” she sobbed.

Any woman who has suffered through the horrors of infertility knows what torture this must have been for Meri and continues to be. You’re not just tormented, but you’re living in a multi-marriage with three other hugely fertile women and then two of them diss you , implying that you are unequal.

Janelle actually admits to the world, on the show, that she really didn’t think Meri should have as nice a house as she ended up with in Las Vegas.

“I felt like you were taking family resources that our family could use,” she tells Meri. “I remember being so concerned about your need to have this home with a pool and I was really looking at how I can feed my family.”

Then there’s cruel Christine. First, she also confessed to Meri’s face: “I’m sorry for thinking you should have a small house… I thought that.”

But that wasn’t all from fertile Christine. She actually confessed in the Sister Wives Tell-All Special after the regular episode, that she told sad and barren Meri that she hoped she DIDN’T get pregnant while she, Christine was pregnant. Meri’s desperately awaited pregnancy would make her own pregnancy “less special for me,” she explained. “I was very mean,” she added.

Christine is absolutely right – she was a MEAN girl sister wife and so was Janelle. And Janelle’s latest nastiness to Meri happened not that long ago — when the family moved to Las Vegas, a year ago.

But then, Janelle’s digs at Meri are really payback we learned after Meri was apparently super mean to Janelle for the first few years of her marriage to Kody. Can you follow this?

I guess Meri found the adjustment to sharing her husband with wife #2, not as easy as she has earlier made out. Are we surprised?

Strangely after the wives started revealing more about the behind closed drama and backstabbing in their plural marriage, they all confessed that they wouldn’t change anything in the world about it. Not even Meri who was a sobbing puddle of tears earlier.

Uh, ok? What, are they all masochists or what? What do you think monogamous Hollywoodlifers? Tell me now!

Bonnie Fuller

src=”http://static.discoverymedia.com/videos/components/tlc/924e0fb81e720a887229776599fa1f6f6c144bd7/snag-it-player.html?auto=no”
frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowtransparency=”true”>
More Sister Wives

1. ‘Sister Wives Tell-All’: Robyn Is OK If Kody Brown Takes A Fifth Wife
  2. Sister Wives Preview: Kody Brown – I Did Not Choose Religion To Be A Womanizer
  3. Sister Wives Recap: Poor Meri Is Terrified To Try In Vitro

Sandi G

Posted at 10:10 PM on December 17, 2012

I hated the last episode where they put their dog to sleep. Was it just because he was old and had peed on the carpet? There was no reason to air this, and I’m not sure the poor dog needed to have his life ended because he had become inconvenient! And by the way, why is Meri’s face look so orange? Can’t they see that it appears clownish on TV. Tone down the foundation!!

Pat L

Posted at 11:58 PM on December 25, 2012

Sandy–The dog was very old and I believe ill. They didn’t want to
let the dog go but even the vet said it was time. They didn’t do it because he peed on the floor.

Sandi G

Posted at 9:31 AM on December 26, 2012

You’re probably right about the dog being ill, but I just didn’t hear anything about the dog being in pain or being uncomfortable. I think a dog should be kept alive as long as he’s not suffering and not in pain. Being old just isn’t enough. I just lost my own 14 year old dog 2 days ago, and she died in her sleep. She was old, yes, and not as active as before, but I never sensed that she was suffering or that she needed to be put down. I think their parameters for doing this was very questionable, even though I know they loved the dog.

Sheldon Martin

Posted at 2:41 AM on December 31, 2012

Yes that’s right, the family dog had been loved by all family members and the loss of the dog had impacted everyone. Should it have been on tv well that’s debate able by many viewers, but the dog had not been put down by the spur of a moment decision. It was very difficult for the Brown family to make this choice, as it would be for us as we’ll if it had been our pet.

At times I don’t think allot of people have given the Browns a chance. We all struggle to survive in today’s society no matter what end of the earth we live on. I have the up most respect for this family and they provide for there children and have strong family values, who are we to judge?

sandy

Posted at 10:33 PM on December 16, 2012

Christine is a BIG baby!!! She gets on my nerves always complaining.

Pat L

Posted at 12:02 AM on December 26, 2012

Totally agree about Christine! She whines about everything.

Charlotte Bee

Posted at 7:21 AM on December 4, 2012

These women are disgusting looking with pig noses and huge globs of fat. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww The husband is just an ugly pervvvvvvv.

Isabel

Posted at 5:18 PM on December 1, 2012

Shannon you said that perfectly. I was thinking the same exact thing. She can have a 3 bedroom with her master, a guest room, mariah’s room. Then maybe a big family room and a space just for her. Less bedrooms, less costs overall THEN she can put that towards nicer appliances or a pool etc. But her having 4 or 5 bedrooms MAKES NO SENSE. I understand her compensating for the lack of bedrooms with nicer finishes for example so it’s somewhat equal still. But giving her unnecessary bedrooms is a waste of space and money.

Shannon

Posted at 10:06 AM on November 28, 2012

It isn’t about a nicer house. It’s about having more space and more expense than she needs. She has one child. Not only does a 5 bedroom house cost more to buy, but it costs more to heat, cool and in taxes. Meri simply doesn’t need the space. Not to mention, it’s been said many times on the show that Janelle earns more money than the others. That means that Janelle has to pay for Meri’s life of luxury, while other people in the family who need more are getting by with less.

marlene c/

Posted at 2:58 PM on November 26, 2012

i hope meri gets whatever she wants she should leave that egomaniac kody & live in her big house with someone who apprecIates her because he sure doesnt…

Natasha

Posted at 3:54 PM on August 5, 2012

Meri get over yourself! Noone is talking about how you feel like you have precedence over the other wives because you were first and how mean you were to Janelle and still are to all of the children! I can so see that in you, the real you that you call “structured.” Mean and controlling…Janelle had every right to feel that way as did Christine. We see right through you…and you should tread carefully with your new best friend because its so obviously apparent that what her and Kodi have is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. And you’re over there rooting for them…senseless.

Gia

Posted at 2:52 PM on November 23, 2012

Um, you can’t be serious? You sound like a seriously ‘mean’ person yourself.

L L Wilson

Posted at 9:49 PM on July 8, 2012

Form follows function. Socialogy and Psychology it’s interesting to see how they do function. With one child, Meri only needs a smaller home but in an area where the norm is at least 3bed, 2baths, LR, FR, probably two eating areas etc it would be difficult to locate in their area. I often wondered, does Koby have his own private bedroom etc where he can go to unwind. They could always try to locate and remodel an apt bldg to meet their needs. Has the Utah home been sold?
With their credit history, It’s difficult for me to understand how the family qualifies for financing which the realtor was trying to convey with the recent 40% angle..financially for new homes.No doubt they have a hefty TV salary but divided
four ways is slim.

Tammy

Posted at 11:23 AM on July 7, 2012

Robyn is new to the family of course he going to be with her more. she word-ships the ground he walk on. The other call him out. Christine deserve what she gets. she was ugly to Meri when she was the new wife. now the shoe is on the other foot, she is getting back what she dished out. It’s sweet that Robin wants 2 be Meri’s & Kody’s surrogate.I wonder why the other wives didn’t give Meri the same offer yrs ago?O Cause they are jealous of Meri. Meri is his first love and will always be number One She is the Queen Bee. I would like to know why they don’t build 2 houses and have 2 wives share a house. you can design it to have a diving wall and they can each have their own half. save money. you haveseveral of the children old enough that they will be moving out soon. Then put a fence up you can connect the house from a closed in walk way in the back yard

Deb

Posted at 5:18 PM on July 6, 2012

While I don’t think that Meri should have all the bedrooms, and I can’t figure out why she would want them, it is reasonable for her to want an equally nice living area, bedroom, etc. I will never understand why our construction, means a smaller house means all the rooms are so much smaller. She should have a nice kitchen, family room, bedroom,,,

joyce navarrp

Posted at 3:01 PM on July 5, 2012

i think in the begining of each one marriage they were meane but they have all grown and learn to except things the way they are. i love this family they are the best family on tv and the world, even though this life style is not for me. this is there life and they have strugles just like any one else. if i was a person with a lot of money i would give not loan but give them lots of money to build there houses so they can be a family that all lives together, they deserve the best.

Mary Ann

Posted at 7:08 PM on July 4, 2012

I got the impression Meri and at least one other-Christine maybe-enjoyed being alone in the new homes. Finally, peace and quiet! What is the big deal about Meri having another child? Seems like Kody keeps bringing it up and making her feel bad. If they share everything, arent 17 kids enough for her?

Gia

Posted at 2:54 PM on November 23, 2012

I’m disgusted with Kody Brown. His desire to SIRE yet another child with Meri has more to do with him CONTROLLING her than in wanting to see her happy. She’s confused about it because it goes back to her feeling more or less ‘relevant’ in the order of his affections for her. To ‘prove’ her viability she needs to produce another kid – not because she really wants to but to keep status with him and the other wives. Even her own teenage daughter said to her something like ‘ I want you to have another child and if you decide not to, it is TAKING SOMETHING AWAY FROM THE REST OF US’ – Are you freaking kidding me?? It sounds like the girl is brainwashed, either that or even she knows as a young female BORN into this lifestyle that the other so-called siblings have tighter connections with the others and being an ‘only’ child some how makes her feel less than. And just whom has she been brainwashed by? Dear old DAD, stud himself Kody Brown. Meri had a miscarriage, which is psychologically stressful enough..but maybe she really truly doesn’t want anymore kids with this guy because somewhere, someday down the road she wants to LEAVE HIM…and possibly THAT’s what HE’s afraid of. He is a control freak and watching him with her on their ‘intimate’ vacation in Mexico, he appeared not all that sensitive or interested in doing what Meri wants or needs…but pressuring her for an answer and knowing is she says absolutely NO, she’ll be letting everyone down.

Mary

Posted at 7:04 PM on July 4, 2012

Oh, come on, we all love to watch this show- and the women all chose this lifestyle fully aware of the jealousy, and any other problems that are bound to arise. I still am wondering how do they afford 4 homes???? The wives who work can’t be making that much money-what exactly does Kody do? And dont forget, they are being paid I would guess 50 grand an episode???

Jennifer

Posted at 2:19 PM on June 28, 2012

I dont think Mari should get a 7 bedroom home or a 5 bedroom home for that matter. She really only has one child that is leaving to college soon, plus there finances are a mess. Why cant she move in with one of her sister wives, bestie Robin maybe. I don’t see it as her being punished for not having more children, but as it being practical for the good of the family. I think she is being selfish!

louise

Posted at 2:36 PM on November 26, 2012

If shes paying for her house and making payments she can get whatever size of home she wants. Its her money
Does Cody ever give or have money. Is the state supporting all those kid ( tax payers )
Who gets to claim those kids at income tax time and i’ll bet they get the tax credit for the kids.
So sad because i have to struggle everyday. Get jobs

Susi

Posted at 5:03 PM on June 27, 2012

Meri was being super-sensitive and irrational. The sizes of the houses are based on how much space each family needs. Because Meri only has 1 child, she doesn’t NEED as much space as the other ladies. She’s making it into something bigger than it is.

Jackie

Posted at 8:48 PM on June 27, 2012

As well..Robin is newest and brings four additional children, Meri keeps the other kids and entertains, she has been with Kody 22 yrs and does not need to reside in a minimal home, because the other wives have 6 plus kids..its her place in the family and contributions, not how many bedrooms she occupys,,,as well as noe more wifes, i think each wife has been blessed with as many children that a family can raise to maturity…..

Ria

Posted at 7:16 AM on December 24, 2012

And her one child is going to go to college soon. Meri is milking this situation for everything she can get. I wouldn’t be surprised if she hasn’t secretly taken birth control all these years to keep her work load down and her pity factor high. She and Kody are so selfish and controlling it’s mind-boggling.

Meri and Robyn deserve each other. It may not have started that way, but I think Robyn is really putting Meri on the spot with her offer, and knows it. I feel for Janelle and Christine.

Allyson

Posted at 4:47 PM on June 27, 2012

The size of the house isn’t about reward or punishment, it’s about the number of kids that are going to be living there. It is selfish of Meri to take a huge house that she doesn’t need. That means less money to take care of the rest of the family.

Susi

Posted at 5:06 PM on June 27, 2012

Absolutely. I feel Meri’s pain over the infertility thing, but this thing about house size is based on how many people will be living in each one. It IS about allocating resources as, I believe Janelle said. Meri is being dramatic and overly-sensitive.

Jennifer

Posted at 2:23 PM on June 28, 2012

I agree! I think she is being very selfish and irrational. They need to save money to be able to pay there bills and feed the children. I guess she doesn’t learn her lesson. I read an article today that said that Meri and Kody filed for bankruptcy in 2005, Janelle and Cody in 1997, and Cody and Christine in 2010. WTF when I saw this, I really pissed me off, cause they didn’t learn the first time, and most of it was for credit cards :/

QueenB

Posted at 3:55 PM on December 25, 2012

I agree. This lifestyle/religion sounds so bogus to me. For one, aren’t they only supposed to have sex for procreation and wear certain undergarments that cover themselves while doing it? Then why did Robyn need all those Victoria’s Secret bras and panties that she charged up, for her last (real) marriage? Then Christine with her huge food pantry, stock full, all paid for with food stamps. Ridiculous.

Erde75

Posted at 5:50 PM on December 30, 2012

I’d be interested in reading that!!

Mary Johnson

Posted at 12:18 PM on June 27, 2012

Are all monogomous relationships perfect? Look at John Edwards for example. Come on, there is jealousy whether you have one spouse or 3. The Brown’s are not hurting anyone- and the comments about the time Kody spends with each child? There are children who rarely see their father- and they may be an only child!! It seems to work for them- so let them live their lives the way they choose.

annika_forthnorth

Posted at 4:51 AM on June 27, 2012

they are all crazy (narcisstic cody, workoholic janelle, meri and robyn with personality issues) but this is one thing. second thing is WHY do they NOT think about economy.? I cant understand why single mom with kid in a collage should be living in a big house.It could be small pretty comfortable well designed house that she would feel comfortable, not so lonely and all.

Saunca

Posted at 1:43 AM on November 26, 2012

I think she should be able to host the whole family for events, just like the other sisters wives. She has said that she enjoys a full house, and I’m sure with Mariah off to college next year she’ll be feeling lonely. If she has the smallest house on the cul-de-sac, then the other kids won’t be able to fit for dinner or sleepovers or holiday celebrations. I really think she just wants to be included and is fearful that if she has a smaller home the family won’t ever gather there.

Carol

Posted at 8:52 AM on June 26, 2012

I say if they cannot abide by the laws regarding poligamy, then lock ‘em up; that would separate them! Who does this man think he is and how do these brainwashed women stand him??

Patty

Posted at 8:52 PM on June 25, 2012

Ok, poligamy against the law. How do you explain to kids ok to break some laws, not others etc. Also I am not seeing a spiritual or religious family here. Lots of Kody, driving convertibles, going on vacations and sleeping with 4 women. If you live in US, have 16 kids, you can’t afford, who pays for all of the expenses? We do. I don’t see other then the TV show and a bunch of prototype ideas anyone working here. How do you rent 4 houses and come up with a down payment on 4 houses.
I didn’t see one happy wife on last nights show. Kody looked so pissed that he lost control of the group as they fessed up all the meaness, jealosy and problems this lifestyle inflicts on them and their children. Shame on you Kody. Girls get a life. preferably with one man who pays attention to you and have families that you can afford.

Meredith

Posted at 8:36 PM on June 25, 2012

OK. That picture of Janelle is gonna give me nightmares….

R Smith

Posted at 8:33 PM on June 25, 2012

My wife and I was considering trying this way of life but, even during the bible times when men had multiple wives it would cause a lot of confusion,anger,and jealousy. If you are going to do the plural marriage I would think two is enough anything more then that would cause problems. And you are really not out of the woods with just two wives. Problems can still develop. I can understand what Meri is going through being Kody’s first wife and three other women come in and have multiple children. That would be crushing to the heart and soul.

Saunca

Posted at 1:45 AM on November 26, 2012

Agreed.

Mary

Posted at 8:32 PM on June 25, 2012

I do know what to believe, is this all about “selling” the book? I was surprised to see a side of Kody that I did not like, he was always trying to answer for his wives. He wanted to be in “control” of the interview. His comment to Christine about her size was beyond disgusting, really has he looked at himself lately. Did anyone notice how the other wives looked when he said this, they too were shocked. Christine needs to get some self-esteem and get the beep out of this, to turn around be hurt and admit it and then say she would not change anything, okay now this is showing the control Kody has over these women. I am not so sure I would watch this next season, I think it would be interesting if a couple of the women left IE: Christine, and Janelle and they had their own survival show on leaving Kody, Meri and Robyn/

mmm

Posted at 4:17 PM on June 27, 2012

Christine, and Janelle show i would watch it.They could make it on there own no problem.

BRENDA

Posted at 7:35 PM on June 27, 2012

Yes, Mary, I noticed how the other wives looked. They were speechless! Kody almost seemed angry with Christine and seems like he wanted to b hurtful. He’s very arrogant. Wait til he looses his hair. He thinks he’s cute. Eww!
Also, wasn’t Meri a nurse? Why doesn’t see get her big house and turn it into an elderly care or a foster care? That way she doesn’t have to feel guilty about having a large house, she can bring monies into the family and do good for the community. She can easily get licensed for these facilities unless her lifestyle stands in the way.

Darlene

Posted at 5:03 PM on June 25, 2012

My heart goes out to Meri, many women who want another child or have never had a child can relate to her. I hope and pray for her that she can have another baby. maybe if we all say a prayer for her god will grant her the greatest gift he can give her

Mary

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 25, 2012

She said at this time in her life, with her daughter leaving she is not so sure she wants another child. I think that she needs to go to psychological counselling and put a closure to this and move on with her life. This has been going on for how many years 16 or 17 years now and she has had no closure.

jen

Posted at 2:30 PM on June 28, 2012

My heart goes out to her as well, I am infertile and unable to have any children, I think any woman who has one child to be ecstatic and should feel blessed. I do think she uses this for ppl to pity her and give her what she wants, ex: 7 bedroom home, WTF

kimberly

Posted at 4:46 PM on June 25, 2012

You do realize the pic you have is of Robyn and not Meri?!

dotdotdashdash

Posted at 9:46 PM on July 5, 2012

Kimberly – nope, Robyn’s not in that picture. Only Janelle, Meri and then Christine and Kodouche in the middle

KJ

Posted at 3:51 AM on July 11, 2012

Mary should get what she wants she is the legal wife 20 kids or no kids. Robyn can get a bigger place as she gets child support . But MARY should get the best and biggest as she is the legal wife

Janelle works and has saving let her get more of a house and a lifestyle . Christine needs to tighten her belt and stop lunching . Bunk up those kids