One Direction's Louis Tomlinson Explains His Bromance With Harry Styles

Wed, June 6, 2012 4:58pm EDT by 48 Comments
Louis Tomlinson and Harry Styles Bromance

ashley

Posted at 12:12 PM on June 7, 2012

I’m just going to put my two cents in, and basically state what everyone else has already stated. First of all, if Louis is happy, then we’re all happy for him, and he should know that. I don’t mind Eleanor, I have no reason to hate on her or send her hate, therefore I keep my mouth shut. But I do believe that Louis and Harry could have something going on between them. You don’t just look at your best friend with more love than you look at your girlfriend – yes, Lou, we notice the difference. It’s not “over-analyzing” when the whole thing is just so transparent. They have never denied being or that they have had a relationship with one another, when they have been questioned so many times. Usually, they just worm their way around the question instead of truly answering it. Also, Louis is usually the one who speaks up. I find it ironic how Harry has stated that he’s not the best actor, which is why he usually keeps his mouth shut when asked about it? If they’re not in a relationship, so be it. But it’s clear that there’s SOMETHING there. There always has been, and there has always been speculation on the two of them, so why fret about it now? There has always been hate to Eleanor, and they have never taken much incentive until recently. People who aren’t even fans of the band will see something of the two of them and automatically question whether or not they’re together. It’s not just the fans. Honestly, I understand why they would hide it, because let’s be realistic here, some fans wouldn’t be able to handle that – which I find horrible – and leave. But I think that I speak for a lot of fans when I say that it really wouldn’t matter whether or not they were in a relationship or not. I just think that if they were, they shouldn’t hold themselves back because with the power they have with their fame at the moment, could encourage others to come out of the closet as well. They would play an amazing part in the LGBT community, and be amazing role-models. But either way, they should know that the MAJORITY of their fans will support them if they are together. Because really, One Direction has three other members, not just Louis and Harry, and anyone who left the fandom based on two of the member’s sexuality are complete idiots.

Ana

Posted at 4:30 PM on June 7, 2012

Basically this. Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Jessika

Posted at 11:55 AM on June 7, 2012

Once again, it was not denied.
Whether this interview actually happened or not, his words were twisted from the Sugarscape interview. Both could be fake.
But if real, Louis denies it.
Larry is real, he gives us so much proof & doesn’t even know it.
LARRY IS REAL, OK. SO REAL.

Elysse

Posted at 10:27 AM on June 7, 2012

“Are you a fan of Louis and Harry’s bromance?” should be changed into “Do you truly believe Larry Stylinson is real?”

Aleena

Posted at 9:51 AM on June 7, 2012

sorry but this is the most rubbish i’ve ever read, not only is this website known for ‘reporting’ fake stories but it doesn’t sound the slightest bit realistic. some quotes obviously have been taken from sugarscpe and the rest sounds so forced and obscure. I’m not saying anything bad against louis and eleanor, but he never actually denies anything- and that is some very good word play be louis. whatever is going on between them, it is up to them if they want to say anything and not some bogus interviews and management forcing them js.

Shell

Posted at 5:49 AM on June 7, 2012

They never straight up deny it. And if it weren’t true, why do they try so hard to cover it up? Idc either way and I love Lou and Eleanor, but it’s never Harry who says anything. And it’s typically Harry doing the “kissing” on stage or looking sad when Louis denies it. I kind of believe Harry might be in love with Louis and Louis is with El. Like, idk man. It may or may not be true, but people say Harry is really introverted and keeps to himself when she is around. I just think they’ve tried too hard to cover it up for something not to be going on.

Ana

Posted at 6:07 AM on June 7, 2012

I know right! Trying waaaay to hard to cover up what ‘apparently’ isn’t going on, it only makes it more and more obvious. If there was nothing to hide they’d joke about it more, in fact I think they’d be more affectionate than they are now cos they’re not hiding and they’d be secure with themselves – knowing they were platonic friends. Basically, management does a poor job concerning this stuff, but I don’t mind – I love Harry and Louis’ relationship! Management really should just cut their losses and let Harry and Louis NOT lie about this stuff, let them be themselves in the open. I think they’d make awesome LGBT icons, and would probably entice more fans. Why can’t they see that?! Haha! But I have to disagree with Louis possibly actually being with Eleanor though. We have to remember Louis’ always been more confident with acting, while Harry wears his heart on his sleeve. To me, Louis simply takes this all on to protect Harry, and actually shows how much he cares. Goodness, to an outsider I probably sound like an overanalytical twat, but I’ve just spent way to long immersed with the group and their rise to fame to not notice. Oh well, all the best to the lovely boys.

Natalie

Posted at 10:25 AM on June 7, 2012

I completely agree with you.
They’re making it so obvious it’s almost funny. I mean why do they care about the fans thinking they’re dating NOW? The fans always thought they were. I mean, it’s not really that hard to figure out. My dad even asked if Eleanor/Louis were brother/sister and if he was gay with “the curly-haired one” – straight from my fathers mouth who knows nothing about One Direction only that I’m obsessed with them.
(He asked this when I showed him some videos/interviews of them, cause he asked why I liked them so much, lol).
Anyway, I completely agree as I said.
And the funny thing is if you’ve seen the interview where they deny they’ve kissed – then you’ll know how freaking nervous Harry looked playing with his bracelet, and i’m not gonna lie – Louis is def. NOT a good actor – sorry honey – maybe you’re just not a good lier, i don’t know – but if you really pay attention you can tell he’s lying.
The stuttering, the slow talking, the PAUSES in sentences and how he suddenly talk normal again when they change subject. It’s so obvious.

Natalie

Posted at 10:30 AM on June 7, 2012

I love the fact that you’re netrual about this whole thing but you think that something IS going on between Harry/Louis.
I think so too.
And honestly i am SORTA “netrual” about it too – cause if Louis is happy, then I’m happy. But honestly (my opinion) I think it would be weird if something isn’t going on between them. Like you said, why would they even go through much drama about it then?
It’s not like there’s more fans hating on Eleanor than before. It just out of the sudden they started caring.
I think it’s cause they’re scared their secret will come out, so now they’re starting to “deny” it – if you can even call it denying, haha.

Iris

Posted at 5:45 AM on June 7, 2012

I still believe Eleanor is a beard, but I never sent any hate. No matter what they say, they’ll still be in a romantic relationship to me.

Jessika

Posted at 11:57 AM on June 7, 2012

AMEN.
El is real sweet and all, but I believe she is a cover up.
I don’t hate her, never sent any hate to her & never will.
I believe Louis & Harry have something more special than anyone’s relationship.
It’s quite obvious. Larry is REAL.

1D yay

Posted at 4:05 AM on June 7, 2012

i think they actually were on a relationship but they already broke up so he’s with El now, i respect that, i think she’s cute and i think they both look good together :) Even if they weren’t in a relationship i keep thinking that Larry Stylinson it’s the cutest bromance

BTRFan12

Posted at 10:48 PM on June 6, 2012

That is so cool

neenee boo !

Posted at 10:48 PM on June 6, 2012

umm laura back off of harry (Hazza) hes mine and mine only he gave me his number at the concert in chicago !!! and he was like call me babe and winked at me ;)

whichdirection?

Posted at 12:13 AM on June 7, 2012

hahahahaha sure sure darling …

Laura

Posted at 10:10 PM on June 6, 2012

awwwweee u guys are so cute together I love u both!!!! Hazza bby ur my dream boy!!!! xoxoxo <3<3

Marielle

Posted at 9:30 PM on June 6, 2012

I ship Larry Stylinson, but if he doesn’t believe it, then that’s fine with me. He’s in a great relationship with Eleanor Calder, who’s a lovely girl, so he’s happy. Harry and Louis are great friends and very close, but Louis has a girl who he loves dearly. So sure. Leave him alone with the horrible tweets, because Larry Stylinson is just a joke between them obviously. So, that’s okay.

Meg

Posted at 9:25 PM on June 6, 2012

If they really want to stop these rumours, why have they never said “We are NOT gay” or “We are NOT and have NEVER been in a relationship”…they have never denied it. Obviously I don’t know their relationship, but a lot of stuff they do is not platonic.

Iris

Posted at 5:47 AM on June 7, 2012

I think I’m in love with you!

Larry

Posted at 9:20 PM on June 6, 2012

A few things, first, MINORITY! Oh Lou, you have no idea! Second, I’ve noticed that its always Louis who speaks about. Third,, I do ship Larry but I also LOVE Lou & El together! And finally, I think I speak for all Directioners when I sat that whether any of the boys are gay or not, or Larry is real or not, Directioners will still love them no matter what! And we don’t mean it as an insult when we say they’re gay or together!

yuu

Posted at 9:10 PM on June 6, 2012

oh babe…enough with the lies…where is H by the way? why it’s only you spoke about it? come on. even aliens from faraway can see your love towards H is true.

TTJ

Posted at 8:53 PM on June 6, 2012

I should also add, Louis I know these are not your words love you are being fed lines, even Stevie Wonder can see it Lou! They’re trying to make you be someone who you are not, which only makes whats going on with you and Harry even more obvious. i wish they would realise that they’re making you look like a complete fool. Actions speaks Louder than words remember that.

Santa

Posted at 8:06 PM on June 6, 2012

Again, Louis is the spokesperson. Poor Haz

Jesus Christ

Posted at 8:05 PM on June 6, 2012

yup. okay. sure hun.

Marilyn

Posted at 8:04 PM on June 6, 2012

You guys Louis is straight like Niall is a natural blonde. Nice word play though Boo Bear. But seriously. We don’t think you two are in a relationship. We KNOW you two are in a relationship.

Karina

Posted at 8:47 PM on June 6, 2012

Wow… cant you see that Louis is actually in a serious relationship…. your probably not even a directioner, that is why you are saying that…

larry stylinson lover

Posted at 2:14 AM on June 7, 2012

well if you actually know anything about one direction and larry stylinson you would know that louis has a girlfriend,eleanor calder so yeah they are NOT gay

HAHA

Posted at 7:34 PM on June 6, 2012

MINORITY!?!?!?!?! MINORITY!! Wow u got tht SOO wrong.. More like 95% of ur fans.. And if your not.. Then why so defensive.. It shudnt matter if u werent.. Right??? ;)

lol louis

Posted at 7:23 PM on June 6, 2012

you go boo bear you tell em (without actually denying that you’re gay, good word play sweetie)

harry would be proud

suzie

Posted at 7:19 PM on June 6, 2012

but, he never actually denied that there was more than a bromance?

Anne

Posted at 7:12 PM on June 6, 2012

louis louis if it’s a minority” of fans then you should no care at all, lol

Kristine

Posted at 10:33 AM on June 7, 2012

Exactly was I was thinking.

Samantha Styles (lol)

Posted at 6:44 PM on June 6, 2012

I’m a fan, and I don’t make up ridiculous rumours! What the hell?! Anyway.. Larry Stylinson All The Wayy!! :D

allisa

Posted at 6:02 PM on June 6, 2012

I know Harry &Louis aren’t in love their really good friends well here are 1 reason why i know there not in love because Louis has a girlfriend & Harry flirts like all the time

Jambalaya

Posted at 5:55 PM on June 6, 2012

A “minority” of fans? Oh, honey, you have no idea.