'RHOBH' Recap: Taylor Armstrong Shows Up To A Party With A Black Eye

Tue, January 17, 2012 12:48am EDT by 31 Comments

The launch party of Lisa Vanderpump’s new lounge Sur was the center of dramatic events with the arrival of a series of unexpected guests, unusual behavior from Kim and the appearance of a bruised and battered Taylor Armstrong.

On the Jan. 16 episode of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the housewives attended the launch party of Lisa Vanderpump‘s new lounge, Sur. Things get off to an awkward start shortly after Brandi Glanville arrives and notices one of the waitresses, Scheana, who was one of her ex-husband’s (Eddie Cibrian) mistresses. Lisa intervenes in the potentially uncomfortable situation by asking the waitress to leave the party immediately.

A few moments later, another unexpected guest arrives at the party — Cedric Martinez, Lisa’s former house guest. Lisa is less than pleased by his appearance and asks him to leave. Shortly after that, an ex-girlfriend of Adrienne Maloof‘s husband Dr. Paul Nassif is spotted, which makes for one more uncomfortable situation.

As usual, Kim Richards is behind schedule and she and her boyfriend Ken Blumenfeld are once again late to the party. When Kim finally does get in the car to go to the party, she begins to touch every item in the limo in a loopy manner and says things such as, “I love buttons!” She rummages through the garbage bin at the back of the limo and then feels the need to suddenly take her bra off.

Kim’s loopy behavior promised an interesting start to the night. Kim discusses Ken’s recent behavior with Kyle Richards and admits, “It’s not working.” Kim confides that she has been crying daily and that Ken “has a very mean bad side. He always wants to know who I’m on the phone with and when I tell him he says I’m a f***ing liar.” Kim says that Ken is very controlling and always puts her down by saying things like, “By the way, your hair doesn’t look good.”

Kim tells Kyle she is all packed and wants to move out. Kyle apologizes to Kim but asks why Kim is never the one to apologize. Kim is evidently still in her loopy mood and instead of listening to her sister, she picks up a flower and examines it.

Kim still had one final bomb to drop, though — she’s three months late with her period. She is too worried to take a pregnancy test and the conversation is left at that.

Taylor Armstrong then arrives with her psychiatrist and date for the evening, Dr. Sophy. Taylor is sporting a black eye slightly covered by makeup. Lisa asks, “Is this what it took for you to leave?” Taylor sadly responds, “Unfortunately.”

Taylor sits down with her friends and apologizes to them all for her recent irrational behavior. Taylor says, “So over the last six months I’ve been acting like a crazy person — my life was out of control, I was trying to make it better by myself.” Taylor apologizes to Camille Grammer for the threat of legal action and Camille accepts the apology.

Meanwhile, Kim is yet again missing from the action of Taylor’s arrival and is instead locked in the bathroom while her boyfriend bangs on the door asking her continuously if she is okay. Kim is in the bathroom for a while before she finally emerges and acts as if nothing happened.

This is the first time we’ve seen any physical signs of abuse on Taylor and her discussion with the housewives was an emotional scene. Kim’s wacky behavior seems to become more and more interesting with each episode, especially with the information she shed about her relationship with Ken. What did you think of the Jan. 16 episode of RHOBH, HollywoodLifers?

Lauren Kalma

Renee57

Posted at 2:24 PM on March 1, 2012

Well Russell is not here to defend himself. But something stinks here. There is something very wrong with Taylor’s MO.

Vicki

Posted at 2:25 PM on February 6, 2012

I’m so saddened that these people that have so much seem to have no idea that they really could make a difference. It shows in their case they are unable to live a peaceful life with all they have. We all need to take a good look at our own lives by seeing what is going on here. All people no matter who have money or not suffer many heartbreaks. They are very lucky to not hVe to worry about supporting their family’s something they forget. Why make up stress and silly arguments it just wrecks lives

Dawn Deez

Posted at 1:01 AM on February 6, 2012

I’m sick and tired of Taylors whining and nobody knows what really went on. Taylors Allegations have not been founded in my book and theres more to this than meets the eye.

Billie Lincoln-Mauldin

Posted at 10:59 PM on February 5, 2012

I think Adrienne is a good person and her husband Paul are both my favorite people to watch.

Jay

Posted at 2:48 AM on February 4, 2012

Kyle, it’s time for you to cut the cord on Kim, you cannot save her, she is causing your family’s name and reputation to become mud. If she wants to get high on drugs (meth according to Brandi) so let it be! Love cannot be substituted for drugs so stop dreaming! Maybe in her next lifetime she will get it right. However, in this lifetime she got it wrong(face it)so go ahead and kick her and her drugged looking man to the curb. Last but not least, Kim is on hard drugs not just liquid-fire, which one can see and tell by her actions e.g., staying in the bathroom, touching everything, acting eradict, forgetting everything, weight loss…alcho-Really!

jay

Posted at 2:27 AM on February 4, 2012

Taylor is an emotional-dependent wreck who gets off on getting attention via crying all the time. She needs to focus all of that negative energy on something more positive like disciplining her child who to me may already have aggressive-mental issues like her dad(mind you DNA cells have memory). Nonetheless, she should be replaced along with Kim (the demented drug addict who brought her meth looking man onto this show and into a multimillion dollar family…go figure, a fool is a fool!) ASAP, because they are causing this show to become too common. If I wanted to see people in need of counseling I could be watching Phil, instead of this pretentious/glamorous wannabe show. Question, Why is Adrian around all these fools?

Ryan

Posted at 2:27 PM on January 21, 2012

Taylor is an insecure attention whore. Her daughter clearly is shy and would have been happy with just a puppy on her birthday. Instead Taylor threw over the top parties and was too focused on the photographer taking photos of her than noticing her daughter didn’t seem to be enjoying herself. Her claim of abuse is shameful to women who really were/are abused. She is a vacuous middle aged wanna be and I feel sorry for her daughter. She adds value to the show as the new most hated housewife.

Charmaine

Posted at 12:28 PM on January 22, 2012

I agree! Taylor’s the worst, she needs to go! And that awful chart she made for her daughter, how disturbing! I really can’t stand her, she has no values whatsoever. NONE!

Sue

Posted at 11:00 AM on January 23, 2012

I think the reason the birthday parties were so over the top
is because allegedly it wasn’t their money to spend because if it was who would spend that much on a kid’s birthday especially if you were broke

Joan

Posted at 12:25 PM on January 20, 2012

This whole season has been such a downer and disappointment with Taylor’s screaming and crying that she is a victim. she blames other people for her problems that she caused herself. No one will ever know the truth between Russell and herself and Russell is not here to defend himself so quickly after his demise. There is something that seems so untruthful and superficial about Taylor, her looks, her name, and her storyline. It’s like she re invented herself and has no past friends or family except the RHOBH. Based on what she says and does are not consistent wiht her actions. She appears to be a fraud and con artist.

Carly

Posted at 3:33 PM on January 18, 2012

RHOBH’S Cedric Martinez Fires Back At Lisa Vanderpump & The Show! Proves He Was Invited To Lisa’s Party
Written By Reality Tea 17 Jan 2012

Following last night’s dramatic Real Housewives of Beverly Hills episode, which might or might not have felt more like a finale, Cedric Martinez is now firing back at both the show and Lisa Vanderpump.

Last night, Cedric was shown “crashing” the opening party of Lisa’s SUR restaurant in an attempt to make up with Lisa. Lisa ultimately refused to make up with him, instead asking Cedric to leave her party.

Today, Cedric is telling Reality Tea, via his rep, that he was invited to the party, while also making some interesting allegations about Lisa’s hubby Ken Todd, alleging their “loveless, sexless marriage” is on “lie support.”

Below is Cedric’s full statement to Reality Tea:

“As viewers have seen all season, and especially on last night’s overly scripted episode of Real Housewives, Lisa Vanderpump is a bitter, conniving woman who will do anything for fame (and a terrible actress)! She keeps saying what I “did” to her was “vicious” but she never really says what I allegedly did.

Well, let me tell you what she did: When Lisa discovered the truth about her husband’s prostitutes, affairs and love child, she made the choice to stay with a cheater so she could continue on her desperate quest for fame. Then she kicked me to the curb, filed a false police complaint and conspired with her friend, the Editor of Us Weekly to defame and slander me.

And you gotta give her credit. It’s worked, so far. She’s more famous than ever; her loveless, sexless marriage is still alive, albeit on life support; and I’ve been marginalized. But the truth is starting to leak out and soon everyone will know of her secret extramarital love affair and the truth about her vicious attacks on me.

What viewers didn’t see last night was the weeks of back-and-forth negotiations between my manager and [name removed], the Executive Producer of Real Housewives. Dave cleared my invite (and the “olive branch” script) with Lisa. In fact, they even discussed a possible spinoff starring Lisa and me, if, according to [name removed], everything went well at the Sur party.

As proof, I’ve asked my manager to release a few of the many emails between him and [name removed] (below).

Lisa has succeeded thus far in trashing my name and manipulating the other housewives. But the race is long and I’m confident that as the truth slowly comes out, the public will come to realize Lisa’s pretty facade hides a heartless, bitter, rotting core.

Thanks to my friends and fans who have stuck with me throughout this painful process. It’s been a rough year but with your help and support, I’ve landed on my feet and I know the best is yet to come!

Cedric

P.S. SUR: Sexy Unique Restaurant? Really? WTF!”

Indeed, Cedric also supplied us with the emails exchanged between his manager and the executive producer of the series (we have decided to blur out their name).

The emails, posted below, gives us a good behind the scenes look at the way these shows are filmed. The RHOBH producer confirms the time Cedric will be arriving to Lisa’s party and states that while Lisa has been warned Cedric is coming to attempt to make up with her, the other housewives are not aware and will be genuinely surprised to see him.

To sum this up, it appears a producer for the show invited Cedric to Lisa’s party. Lisa was given a heads up, but her reaction to Cedric and his attempt to make up with her appear to have been genuine. This doesn’t come as a major surprise as the producers of these shows are always trying to stir things up for drama a.k.a adding the sister-in-law you hate to your cast, or adding your nemesis to the show only for the two of you to become friends. Hey, at least they’re not going into film studios in Hollywood to film fake scenes, months after the fact. Coughs the Kardashians coughs.

Written in July 2011, the emails also confirms that Lisa was/is indeed in talks with Bravo for her own spinoff. An excerpt from the email reads: “Lisa is in negotiations with Bravo for a potential spin-off that would focus on the staff at Sur. That deal has been in the works for a while. All along I’ve been saying that it’s too bad Lisa and Cedric had their falling out because Cedric would’ve been perfect fit for that project.”

Do I believe the Housewives series are fake? Absolutely not. I believe most of it is real (a.k.a. the drama between Kim and Kyle Richards) with some added manufactured drama (a.k.a. producers inviting Cedric to Lisa’s party). The housewives series is what I would call ‘Manufactured Drama’ while the Kardashians’ series is what I would call ‘Scripted Drama.’

Renee57

Posted at 2:27 PM on March 1, 2012

So many situations in the show that were obviously set up. And Yes I believe Lisa and Kyle who alledgedly have a financial interest in the show DO manipulate things for effect.

pam

Posted at 11:35 PM on January 17, 2012

First off, loopy??? Kim was out of her mind wasted: Kyle and the rest of them barley acknowledge how wasted she is. All her stuff in the hotel was a disgrace. Adrian was hard on taylor. Kyle needs to stop crying and do an intervention with kim.

Michelle

Posted at 9:50 PM on January 17, 2012

I feel sorry for the real friends of these women (providing they actually have friends that don’t get paid by the episode)…really, have they had a social event yet that hasn’t been upstaged by one of the girls’ self-centered, immature hystrionics?! I’d be ticked if I was Lisa and my party got hijacked by the group therapy session with Taylor and her shrink. And what ethical therapist attends a party as his patient’s date?

lolanyc

Posted at 11:02 AM on January 17, 2012

Taylor said 3 weeks had gone by since he had hit her. Then she went to SUR. I remember she talked with Dana and left Russel but maybe the editing is all jumbled. She couldve left him and he hit her after that. Either way he was abusive u can see it in his face and the way he was so quick to sue camille. Who does that? Taylor was wrong for what she did to Camille. She just repeated what Taylor said. If she kept going back to violent Russel of course people will start to think either shes lying or shes crazy. So The women just called her out. Dont air your dirty laundry unless you want your friends imput. I think Taylor should leave the show. Im tired of her weakness and crying and Kim needs to hit the road too. Nothing worse than watching an addict on TV, if I wanted that Id watch Celebrity rehab. I wanna see rich people clothes and parties! Enough morbid drama .. Its turning into Kelly Island.

beth

Posted at 9:27 AM on January 17, 2012

well, as other people have said we never saw Russell’s face.
Frankly Taylor was upset because Camille said they never saw proof of abuse and …. drumroll now Taylor shows up with the brusing.

Oh and her therapist to make them all feel guilty. So unprofessional of the “doctor”.

Bri

Posted at 2:03 PM on January 17, 2012

Really, I’d like to hear from LCSW/ Psychotherapists………..Who does that?

Ellen

Posted at 9:16 AM on January 17, 2012

Taylor showed no signs of bruising in the previous episode when she met up with Dana despite having left Russell by then. It seems odd a couple of wks later when she sees all the housewives again a bruise appears

Monica

Posted at 9:07 AM on January 17, 2012

Brandi is a two face single I.Q. vicious trouble maker trashy NOBODY of the highest level.

samantha

Posted at 9:28 AM on January 17, 2012

Love Brandi, she is a hoot!

Bri

Posted at 2:00 PM on January 17, 2012

Please Leann, you got the guy……….for now

samantha

Posted at 7:11 AM on January 27, 2012

Lolz…

However please never call me LeeAnn. I hate homewreckers.

chris galkin

Posted at 9:06 AM on January 17, 2012

A little eye liner under her eye…..she has not fooled anyone..she reeks crazy and manipulative and should not be on t.v.and btw…doesn’t she have any real friends…does she not know that these are co-workers.

Amelia

Posted at 7:51 AM on January 17, 2012

Bravo….DUMP Taylor…a wasted, wretched liar….

alana

Posted at 4:47 AM on January 17, 2012

Taylor apparently had some surgery that caused bruising that could be mistaken for an injury from domestic violence. Also in photos taken of her injury there are marks commonly made by plastic surgeons prior to surgery. Too bad Russell Armstrong had to die, and it’s a disgrace this charade is being promoted by Bravo when it (the WHOLE storyline and all scenes with Russell and Taylor) should have been removed from the show. Taylor Armstrong is doing a horrible disservice to true victims of domestic violence by using it as a storyline to garner sympathy as a ‘reality star’. The whole thing is disgusting, and will become more so as more of the truth comes to light.

marge

Posted at 3:47 AM on January 17, 2012

I believe that Taylor lied to her husband about Camille exaggerating the story that Taylor told her. Adrienne is right what Taylor did to Camille was wrong and what she did lying to her husband is wrong. Taylor brought in humiliation to Russell by lying to him. I believe that part of the story why Russell committed suicide is the humiliation of lies his wife Taylor brought and in front of the whole world.I also believe that Taylor is also aggressive. I can see watching Taylor every week especially during the table conversation of the last season about domestic violence. People need to stop giving all the blame on Russell. I believe she does not need to be on television. She needs a therapy to change her behavior and start to have ownership of what she is doing.

Marge

Posted at 3:50 AM on January 17, 2012

I think the reason why Taylor and Russell fought was because of the lies that Taylor told Russell about Camille. It is humiliating.And it became violent. I think Taylor is also aggressive.

Lisa

Posted at 6:09 AM on January 17, 2012

I think you guys should quit judging Taylor. Nobody but her and her late husband knows what actually happened. Just because she’s wealthy doesn’t mean she had work done that caused the bruises. I commend Taylor for standing up for herself. It’s unfortunate that Russell had to die but that was a choice he made himself. I feel awful for his family, friends, Taylor and their daughter, but in my opinion, suicide is a very selfish act. I hope that Taylor and Kennedy don’t blame themselves as time goes on. I pray that the whole family someday finds peace.

Rena

Posted at 4:15 AM on January 17, 2012

I agree 100% Marge. Taylor is pretty over the top and I don’t believe Russell is to blame completely. Nobody is there behind the scenes do we can’t judge the situation by the limited amount of footage we see on Bravo. I feel bad for Taylor but I feel even worse for Russell. Since he’s not here to defend himself people should not pass judgement on him,

Cindy

Posted at 7:34 PM on January 22, 2012

Just wondering why Taylor never talks about her family. Does she have sibling? Is her parents still living? Just curious also about what she saw that attracted her to Russell?

Kate

Posted at 12:28 PM on January 28, 2012

It almost appears that she has no past or is hiding from it. It must be difficult being under so many alisa, different states, storylines. There seems to be something so dishonest about Taylor. She totally re invented herself when she became the RHOBH.